User Tag List

My Bikes
    DeSalvo Custom Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strava Age Groups

For Strava users interested in having additional age groups beyond age 65+ there is an opportunity to vote/express your opinion on adding groups i.e. 65-70 70-75 75-80... https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/2...ies-beyond-65-

My Bikes
    Holland Exogrid
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go vote now. There is a tremendous differentiation in ability as you get above 60. In my opinion, each five year increment above 60 is equivalent to 20 year increments up to that point. When I was in my 50's, I could ride with just about anyone if I was willing to put in the focused effort to prepare. The only thing lacking was massive short duration power, which starts to drop off above age 30. 5 min. power levels and up, I was totally competitive. The corollary is that the absolute number of individuals is a lot lower when you hit 60 plus. Subdivisions may clutter the product, but maybe there's a way to parse out us older riders without making things too complicated.
    "It could be anything. Scrap booking, high-stakes poker, or the Santa Fe lifestyle. Just pick a dead-end and chill out 'till you die."

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the site to vote, but all I could see, we're comments. I did write in 73 and I do agree, that there is a big change from 65 to 73.
    George