User Tag List

My Bikes
    '88 Cannondale Criterium, Trek Pro Series
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our 12hr Warm Front

I came home from work yesterday early afternoon, it was sunny and 38F. This is what I did during our 12 hr warmup:

I did go for a 5.5mi ride around the hilly block. Springtime?? Not quite yet.
    Last edited by OldsCOOL; 03-19-14 at 08:47 AM.
    Having a flat tire as part of the total cycling experience is highly overrated. Knowing how to fix one quickly is not.

'85 Trek 460 road racer

'89 Raleigh Technium PRE

'79 Motobecane Super Mirage

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch the WGN America Noon News each day, they were all talking about the first signs of spring and the fact they were having the brief warm period yesterday, then Tom Skilling went into how it was to drop last night and the snow expected across the lake are of the mid-west the next few days and into next week in cycles of warm and cold. If today is the first day of spring then some forgot to tell the weather, both meteorological spring and calendar spring are off this year for you up there. It was 73 yesterday here and a blue bowl sky when I rode, keep the faith and be patient, Y'all, the warm weather will eventually be there, so they say.

BTW, very nice Trek you have there Reverend, I like your set up.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Community Guidelines, the FAQ is off line right now:http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html Read this sometime, it can answer a lot of gripes and save you from some assumptions.

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, my electrical usage was up 12% for 2013 over 1012. The difference was higher heating cost due to a colder winter. Summer was also cooler than 2012.
    My greatest fear is all of my kids standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" dad was.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post

BTW, very nice Trek you have there Reverend, I like your set up.

Bill
    Thanx, brother. It's been a fun bike over the years. This pic shows the front wheel of the new wheelset getting a try.

Sure hope we get into a good thaw. One more subzero weekend coming up and in 8 days it starts looking better.
    Having a flat tire as part of the total cycling experience is highly overrated. Knowing how to fix one quickly is not.

'85 Trek 460 road racer

'89 Raleigh Technium PRE

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    FWIW, my electrical usage was up 12% for 2013 over 1012. The difference was higher heating cost due to a colder winter. Summer was also cooler than 2012.
    That would make me grumpy.

Our propane use in the 1600ft ranch is about 1% per day since late November. We supplement with electric heaters. I'm grateful for not having the typical stiff winds this month.

'85 Trek 460 road racer

'89 Raleigh Technium PRE

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldsCOOL View Post
    That would make me grumpy.

Our propane use in the 1600ft ranch is about 1% per day since late November. We supplement with electric heaters. I'm grateful for not having the typical stiff winds this month.
    Hope you bought early and enough. I have a friend who says the price has tripled since he bought his last May.
    My greatest fear is all of my kids standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" dad was.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Hope you bought early and enough. I have a friend who says the price has tripled since he bought his last May.
    Ours doubled over last November prices. The 35-40deg temps and sunshine are helping greatly.

'85 Trek 460 road racer

'89 Raleigh Technium PRE