Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix - Look 566 - Jamis Coda Elite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pearl Izumi Men's Pro In-R-Cool Bib Shorts

Have any of you had these bibs? If so how do you like them?

Thanks.
    George

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a pair a week ago and I like them a lot. I've got about 200 miles in them and so far so good. I found out today that it's easy to relieve yourself in them as well.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
    Just got a pair a week ago and I like them a lot. I've got about 200 miles in them and so far so good. I found out today that it's easy to relieve yourself in them as well.
    Thanks aubiecat, I'm ready to order some right now.
    George

My Bikes
    Almost hundreds!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rode in mine all winter! Very comfortable! I ride a lot of different bikes with a lot of different seats! A lot of the older styles. Never had a problem! Kept the boys warm in the teens and such , too! I got mine 1/2 price, too!

My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pair of the bib knickers that I like. I also have a pair of shorts that can be a PITA cause the waist band rolls pretty easily. Recently I bought a pair of Assos Uno bibs on sale and they are REALLY nice.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few pair of assos as well, but I can get the PI for $105 and I just ordered them. Thanks for the replies guys.
    George

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pair about 3 years old. Love them. Best I had ridden until I got the Specialized RBX Pro bibs last year.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    I have a pair about 3 years old. Love them. Best I had ridden until I got the Specialized RBX Pro bibs last year.
    Thank BD, I did try the RBX on is all, but I couldn't pass on the PI for $105.
    George

Currently living in Oakdale, CA about 20 mi. NE of Modesto in the hot central valley.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHTD with a YAK trailer. I may have to ditch the trailer and go to panniers but I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
    Uuuuuuuuuhh..................could you clarify that just a bit?@

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Le Tour View Post
    Uuuuuuuuuhh..................could you clarify that just a bit?@
    Yes, on second thought maybe I should. Ahhmmmm, it's easy to pull the front down far enough to relieve yourself.

My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I have a few pair of assos as well, but I can get the PI for $105 and I just ordered them. Thanks for the replies guys.
    That is certainly the obstacle with Assos. My on-sale price was $140.

Currently living in Oakdale, CA about 20 mi. NE of Modesto in the hot central valley.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHTD with a YAK trailer. I may have to ditch the trailer and go to panniers but I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a BUNCH of assos but so far none of them have cost me $140!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Le Tour View Post
    I know a BUNCH of assos but so far none of them have cost me $140!
    That made my day, now I can sleep with a smile on my face. Thank you.
    George

My Bikes
    85 Specialized Expedition, 07 Motobecane Immortal Spirit built up with Dura ace and Mavic Ksyriums, '85 Bianchi Track Bike, '90 Fisher Procaliber, '96 Landshark TwinDirt Shark Tandem, '88 Curtlo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pair of these and a pair of the elites also. The pro's are made from better material, and I think the elites are a little larger in the same size. I alternate riding them every day with some other bibs, and I don't find much difference between the two. The pro's fit tighter, more support I guess, and they stay drier than the elites. When I buy my next pair, it will probably be based on price. If I can get a great deal on the pros, I will get them. And I would be willing to pay a little more for them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a great deal on a pair of the pros, but I went a bit larger in size like I do with most brands of bibs. Unfortunately, these measure waist more like american clothing companies do than european, so I really could have gotten away with larges (or maybe mediums), but by then the deal was gone, so I kept them rather than returning them to pay for half a pair of larges. The jersey I bought at the same time fit european (super tight in the chest), but I was surprised at how big the bibs were. Nice pad, just bigger than expected (and I'd specifically bought them because I've lost weight and my old bibs aren't fitting as tightly as they used to).
    Punctuation is important. It's the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse" and "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse"

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I did get the bibs and I got the mediums, because I have skinny legs. They fit like a glove and after 2 rides, I really like them and the price was right. I'm 6'2" and weigh 193.
    George

My Bikes
    Trek Domane 4.5, Trek 1500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I did get the bibs and I got the mediums, because I have skinny legs. They fit like a glove and after 2 rides, I really like them and the price was right. I'm 6'2" and weigh 193.
    great to hear. I have had 4 pairs of PI Elite bibs, and have been well satified. I get the large size ( 5' 10", 195 lbs). I have thought of trying the Pro's before, if I got them on sale. Several in my club really like Castelli

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by az_cyclist View Post
    great to hear. I have had 4 pairs of PI Elite bibs, and have been well satified. I get the large size ( 5' 10", 195 lbs). I have thought of trying the Pro's before, if I got them on sale. Several in my club really like Castelli
    I really liked the Body paint, but the legs kept riding up to much for my liking. My legs are only 17"- 6" above my knee and it seems like most of my bibs ride up. except the Assos. What is your measurement, if you don't mind. Thanks.
    George

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they put in a zipper fly?

My Bikes
    Almost hundreds!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope!

My Bikes
    2014 Trek Madone 5.2 2012 Canondale Synapse 6 alum. Gary Fisher Wahoo Panasonic DX 2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ride the shorts version - I have a couple of pairs - really like the a lot

My Bikes
    Roubaix SL4 Expert
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the Pro bibs but ripped the leg gripper just trying them on. I ended up going with 4 pairs of Elite bibs and like them. As far as I can tell the chamois are identical (just different color fabric). The one thing I didn't like about the Pro is the "muffin top" look around your legs at the leg gripper if you have any extra body fat there.

Amazon runs a sale on PI shorts/bibs every January so that's the time to stock up. I paid $82/ea for my Elites in January and the Pros were $90/ea.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
    I tried the Pro bibs but ripped the leg gripper just trying them on. I ended up going with 4 pairs of Elite bibs and like them. As far as I can tell the chamois are identical (just different color fabric). The one thing I didn't like about the Pro is the "muffin top" look around your legs at the leg gripper if you have any extra body fat there.

Amazon runs a sale on PI shorts/bibs every January so that's the time to stock up. I paid $82/ea for my Elites in January and the Pros were $90/ea.

I just paid $105. I guess that wasn't to bad. I do hear what your saying about the legs though. I don't have any fat around my legs, but I do around the gut. lol I got the mediums hoping the legs would stay in place, but these are riding up as well. I don't think I can send them back for a large, but then the legs may ride up more.
    George

My Bikes
    Roubaix SL4 Expert
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the mediums hoping the legs would stay in place, but these are riding up as well. I don't think I can send them back for a large, but then the legs may ride up more.
    I'm surprised the mediums work for you. I'm 5'9"about 165-170lbs. and tried the mediums but found them uncomfortably tight. This was coming from large PI Attack shorts which were starting to feel loose. I exchanged the PI Elite mediums for large and they fit great. I don't have huge legs by any stretch but they aren't toothpicks either. I've never had a problem with any of my bibs/shorts riding up.

My Bikes
    Almost hundreds!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winter weight...5' 11" ish 210 ish. I bought the last pair at $60.00 at half price! Size X-large. Got a gut! They fit well everywhere! Legs feel good. Just right! They are the Elites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast