Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   They laughed at me. (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/939358-they-laughed-me.html)

cplager 03-28-14 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker395 (Post 16616882)
:d

^ That's a grin, BTW. WTF ... I tried to edit that 3 times!

If your post has only upper case letters, the forum helpfully decides to make them all lower case.

If hit edit your post now, you'll get it to work.

shelbyfv 03-28-14 06:26 AM

Speaking of "super snot" it could be dangerous riding a 'bent this time of year, what with folks blowing snot rockets. Safest to be on the same side as their mirror.

Biker395 03-28-14 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cplager (Post 16619134)
If your post has only upper case letters, the forum helpfully decides to make them all lower case.

If hit edit your post now, you'll get it to work.

Aha! That explains it. The funny thing is I even tried deleting it and going to the emoticon interface and got the same result!

That had me worried I was seeing things, so I decided to leave it and move on.

SkippyX 03-28-14 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 16598971)
At one of our potty stops they laughed at my baggy knickers and they laughed because I had brought along a bag of peanuts in the shell instead of some processed food bar. This is the first time that men wearing tights have laughed at ME.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 16599100)
You have a point, at least nobody mocked my recumbent.

Next time wear a kilt. Only a kilt. No shirt, no underpants. Shoes are fine.

I'll guarantee you that the time after that, when you show up in baggy knickers on a recumbent, people will thank you for your discretion and compliment you on your great taste.

cplager 03-28-14 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkippyX (Post 16619331)

I'll guarantee you that the time after that, when you show up in baggy knickers on a recumbent, people will thank you for your discretion and compliment you on your great taste.

This would be even more, um, effective since he's on a 'bent...

Retro Grouch 03-28-14 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkippyX (Post 16619331)

Now there's an idea - I like it. However, the reason I was wearing my baggy knickers is because it was too cold for shorts. A kilt without undies isn't going to work for me.

gabedad 03-28-14 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piratebike (Post 16599110)
Oh well you didn't say you was riding a recumbent.....that's why they were laughing.

+1

mrodgers 03-30-14 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 16619744)
Now there's an idea - I like it. However, the reason I was wearing my baggy knickers is because it was too cold for shorts. A kilt without undies isn't going to work for me.

Well then, you'll have a perfect excuse when they laugh at you this time. You can blame it on shrinkage fromthe cold :D

rydabent 03-30-14 07:29 AM

But look how Kool a Kilt would be in hot weather!!! :)