User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would imagine other American companies would do the same. I can think of Garmin, Specialized, Felt, Speedplay. Are there any others?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami Biker View Post
    Looigi. Agree with John. Think of it as encouraging positive behaviors rather than a cost benefit analysis for each activity....
    It's not how you or I think about it, but how to make a pitch that will convince those with the authority within a company to make the decision to support it. The companies at which I've worked would unquestionably look at the cost/benefit of any program. Whatever adverting value or goodwill would accrue would likely be very small for sponsoring some individual to do a ride, but would also greatly depend on the nature of the business.
    Ride more. Fret less.

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. So now there are two jobs I want:

1. Huell Howser's (former) job.
    2. Yours.
    Proud parent of a happy inner child ...
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    Felt Z85 & Trek 7.3FX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    ...They would pay all the expenses for me and anyone in my family.
    Hey cousin Mike, when is our next tour??

CONGRATS....Very nice perk!!!
    2013 Felt Z85; 2012 Trek 7.3FX; 2001 Murray Milestone; 1975 Murray 10 Speed; 1974 Montgomery Ward private label Fuji 10 Speed, I think; and 1968 Sears Spyder

My Bikes
    2014 Cervelo R5 DA Zipp 202s 2012 Scott CR1 Team, 2012 Scott Metrix 10 Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looigi. Agree dependent on the business. First criteria is having 500 or more employees. Larger employers pay for their own health costs so any savings accrue to them rather than their insurers.

Second is whether health care costs would be mitigated by healthier employees. Studying your data is the source for this knowledge.

Third criteria is length of service. It takes 3+ years for behavior change programs to produce savings. So if turnover is high, too many employees may not stay around to produce savings.

Fourth criteria is whether competitors have similar programs.

Finally more forward thinking businesses ares more likely to adopt these programs.

Good Luck

My Bikes
    Trek Domane 4.5, Kona Jake, Centurion LeMans RS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations - Sounds like you work for a company that takes employee/family wellness seriously. It would be nice if more companies would do the same because the benefits for them in the long run are tremendous. Just looking at the company's bottom line, better health means lower insurance claim, hence lower premiums. Then, there are benefits in productivity, less time off for health issues, etc.

Last year, I took on a very small version of this, being asked to up recruitment of cyclists within the company, and to co-captain a team riding in the Missouri MS ride. Company sponsorship was based around the MS effort, and we had positive recruitment. I'm getting ready to begin the effort for the new year, and hope to build on the modest success of last year.

Good luck with you venture. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12