Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new baby got some bling

I bought an used carbon stem / dropbar combo and nice Dura Ace brifters. They work well and look great on my Kestrel. I also installed decent Ultegra calipers but still need to install some teflon coated (white) cables. I rode my baby to the Potomac today since it's in the low 70s. The only part lacking on performance is here engine... I'll have to adjust the front derailleur but I like that it does not require trimming with the DA brifters.

DSCN3743.jpgDSCN3744.jpgDSCN3746.jpgDSCN3747.jpgDSCN3748.jpgDSCN3750.jpg
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. Just one little suggestion; could you leave it at my doorstep for a few days?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus TerraTrike Cruiser
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding personal upgrades makes a bike truely yours. It is a comfort to know the bike is just like you want it.

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking bike.
    It will ride really nice after you flip the stem.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Cane Creek cap is crooked.

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
    Your Cane Creek cap is crooked.
    Quite true but my head tilts oddly so it looks ok to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Nice looking bike.
    It will ride really nice after you flip the stem.
    I must have posted to 42 by mistake. It is on my list just a few lines below loose 50 lbs. The new CF stem is actually much more level that what I had installed earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by rydabent View Post
    Adding personal upgrades makes a bike truely yours. It is a comfort to know the bike is just like you want it.
    In my case I built from the frameset. I did, however, originally have my go-to bar end shifters. The thrill this time is getting some good brifters and stem/dropbars that matched at an extreme discount.

Quote Originally Posted by NOS88 View Post
    I like it. Just one little suggestion; could you leave it at my doorstep for a few days?
    You ride a 59 / 60 cm frame? Come down my way and I'll ride my other bulid, a Lemond, while you ride the Kestrel. You might want to wait until I can ride 30+ rides or it might be short visit.
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page