Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back In The Saddle

Started spinning last night after nearly 4 weeks off due to my car accident. The goods news is I was able to turn the peddles over for an hour. The bad news is that it is difficult to spin one handed.

FYI - Dr. didn't rule out riding BAK in June but did say I would propbably decide on my own that it would be too soon. She did say I would for sure be back on the bike by mid July (six weeks earlier than I was originally told). The current cast comes off 3 weeks from tomorrow and I have an agreement that I can get a new cast/casts anytime prior to getting the final cast off if the smell gets too bad from the spinning.

Edit: I am not back on my bike I am back in spin class after almost 4 weeks off due to a car accident where I broke both bones in my left forearm. I will be in a cast for another 3 weeks and have 1 to 2 monts PT. The earliest I will be back on the bike is mid June.
    Last edited by Planemaker; 04-16-14 at 08:28 AM. Reason: update

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Planemaker View Post
    Started spinning last night after nearly 4 weeks off due to my car accident. The goods news is I was able to turn the peddles over for an hour. The bad news is that it is difficult to spin one handed.

FYI - Dr. didn't rule out riding BAK in June but did say I would propbably decide on my own that it would be too soon. She did say I would for sure be back on the bike by mid July (six weeks earlier than I was originally told). The current cast comes off 3 weeks from tomorrow and I have an agreement that I can get a new cast/casts anytime prior to getting the final cast off if the smell gets too bad from the spinning.
    Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear you are recovering.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. Elbert Hubbard.

My Bikes
    Surly Long Haul Trucker, Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, Dahon Mu P 24 , Bacchetta Strada, Rodriguez Tandem, Wheeler MTB
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad your back on your bike once again. I was off mine for several months due to a menaces tear. The feeling was euphoric during the first ride back. Glad your ok, but why one handed ? A cast on the other ?

My Bikes
    Cannondale; Jamis, Kona, Rocky Mntn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also glad to hear that you're back on the bike, and posting in BF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on being back. I'm recovering from a TKR and just getting back on the bike also, so I know how great you feel. Good luck!
    you have to grow old but you don't have to grow up!