Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Damned cyclist hurt her car... (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/943693-damned-cyclist-hurt-her-car.html)

bruce19 04-17-14 12:37 PM

Damned cyclist hurt her car...

Texting Driver Who Slammed Cyclist: I, Like, 'Just Don't Care'

Cougrrcj 04-17-14 01:25 PM

I hope the cyclist now owns the twit's Beemer! That'd serve the biotch right!

Cycle Babble 04-17-14 01:28 PM

...and the automobile/cyclist wars continue......

RonH 04-17-14 02:25 PM

$4500? I hope she also pays the cyclists' medical bills and for a new bike.

mapeiboy 04-17-14 02:32 PM

With that kind of attitude I hope he takes her to the cleaner .

NOS88 04-17-14 03:29 PM

It seems that in this woman's hands an automobile should be seen as a lethal weapon, one she should be banned from ever using again.

Blues Frog 04-17-14 04:40 PM

I see these kind of people at work every day, after they have been given a second chance and made good on it. And killed the poor victim this time. But people want to make sure the Perp's rights are not trampled. No one cares about the cyclist who died. The liberals think her " I'm sorry" should mean something to the victim's family and friends. But it all rings shallow when the perp gets out of prison in a few years "rehabilitated". Probably only serving a small eight years on twenty to life! For killing another human in a most callous way.

Daspydyr 04-17-14 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cycle Babble (Post 16680054)
...and the automobile/cyclist wars continue......

We seem to loose many of the initial skirmishes.

Blues Frog 04-17-14 04:55 PM

The car always wins Daspyder. I had an ice truck pass me as I turned into a Chinamart. He turned into the same place and then slowed down. He didn't even look back. I only made a save due to a sixth sense the boob was going to do something thoughtless. I had to go on to work or live in the prison where I work because I wouldn't have given quarter.

bruce19 04-17-14 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Blues Frog (Post 16680603)
I see these kind of people at work every day, after they have been given a second chance and made good on it. And killed the poor victim this time. But people want to make sure the Perp's rights are not trampled. No one cares about the cyclist who died. The liberals think her " I'm sorry" should mean something to the victim's family and friends. But it all rings shallow when the perp gets out of prison in a few years "rehabilitated". Probably only serving a small eight years on twenty to life! For killing another human in a most callous way.

It has nothing to do with Liberals or Conservatives.

Louis Le Tour 04-17-14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by bruce19 (Post 16680763)

Plus 1 on that.

Dudelsack 04-17-14 06:39 PM

Agree.

Anyway, this stuff is preaching to the choir. Does anyone want to make the case that the cyclist had it coming?

NOS88 04-17-14 06:43 PM

+1

qcpmsame 04-17-14 06:55 PM

h2oxtc 04-17-14 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dudelsack (Post 16680884)
Agree.

Anyway, this stuff is preaching to the choir. Does anyone want to make the case that the cyclist had it coming?

I'll bite ... did anyone check the cyclists phone to see if he/she was on their phone texting while riding? It's been known to happen ... not saying any names.

Secondly, I'll bet the cyclist had canti brakes and couldn't stop in time.

Retro Grouch 04-18-14 05:35 AM

I want to know who she was texting.

How many friends could a person who's that self centered possibly have?

doctor j 04-18-14 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 16681728)
I want to know who she was texting.

In today's culture, plenty.

02Giant 04-18-14 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by h2oxtc (Post 16680961)
I'll bite ... did anyone check the cyclists phone to see if he/she was on their phone texting while riding? It's been known to happen ... not saying any names.

Secondly, I'll bet the cyclist had canti brakes and couldn't stop in time.

Were they wearing a helmet?

Dudelsack 04-18-14 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 16681728)

At least one really good one.

Popeyecahn 04-18-14 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dudelsack (Post 16680884)
Agree.

Of course he had it coming, he was on a bike fer gawd's sakes! All cyclists have it coming to them because, well they're in the road and stuff!!!

The words I could use to describe this young person would all look like this: #*&()^&*$&_)*) _(&*&$%$# _(*&*(&%^*%$ @#%$^# %^$$@()&

rydabent 04-18-14 10:19 AM

And everytime I suggest that cell phones turn themselves off if they are moving faster than 10mph I catch absolute hell. Again I ask is a phone call worth a persons life? I say if a phone call is that damned important, pull over and make it.

badger1 04-18-14 10:57 AM

As others have said, this is absolutely not a 'political' issue; it is a societal/demographic issue.

I've read the article; this young woman could be one of my students -- male or female. Just needs her syntax modified a little: "I feel like I’m kind of pissed off that the cyclist has hit the side of my car. I feel like I don’t agree that people texting and driving could hit a cyclist. I feel like I wasn’t on my phone when I hit the cyclist."

Phil_gretz 04-18-14 12:45 PM

Auto-Lock

Originally Posted by rydabent (Post 16682504)
And everytime I suggest that cell phones turn themselves off if they are moving faster than 10mph I catch absolute hell. Again I ask is a phone call worth a persons life? I say if a phone call is that damned important, pull over and make it.

My Android has that software application, it's called "Auto-Lock". I don't know at what speeds (cause I don't touch my phone when I drive), but I have to disable it after I arrive at my destination. It's a good thing, I guess...

Louis Le Tour 04-18-14 02:14 PM

I'm just chomp'n at the bit to see what the judge sez when this bozo shows up in court.

no1mad 04-18-14 06:34 PM

Had to do a bit of clean up. Also, there was a thread that was started 2 days prior to this one dealing with the topic- http://www.bikeforums.net/advocacy-s...on-t-care.html- feel free to contribute to that one. :)