Thread: gemini2640

My Bikes
    I have a Trek Pilot 1.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gemini2640

Hi everyone - I live in Austin, TX....have been here for many years - Did a lot of cycling around Texas in sanctioned rides etc., but got away from it 6 years ago due to husband's illness.....now just do the "veloway" (an Austin 3 mile just for bicycles) and neighborhood .....and yes it's getting boring...(city streets are too dangerous in this city - for me anyway). Do not have any friends as active as I am. By the way, I'm a senior citizen (over 60), so would like to know if there are any "seniors" here in Austin, TX who are just riders in the 9-11 mph range for now ...especially to train for long distance cyling over this year as I'm really wanting to ride with some seniors in the MS150 ride from Houston to Austin in April, 2015.
    Last edited by gemini2640; 04-19-14 at 06:20 PM.

My Bikes
    rivendell romulus terratrike rover
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Gemini. I don't live near you but glad you posted. I'm trying to increase my distance riding and hope to do a century this year.

Charlie
    Grimly determined to have fun.

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cripes ... coming to terms with the fact that "senior" status is waiting for me at my next rest stop.

Have you checked any of your local bike clubs? Lots of them have low mileage "no drop" rides that you might like.
    Proud parent of a happy inner child ...
    www.photo395.com

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to BF and the 50+ Forum, you can post here in the Texas Regional Forum Texas Others in your area can guide you to rides and other events in your area. You can probably find a like minded rider that is close enough for some rides. Glad that you have gotten back into bicycling.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Community Guidelines, the FAQ is off line right now:http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html Read this sometime, it can answer a lot of gripes and save you from some assumptions.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO 105
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome gemini. If you're over 65 (like me -- I'm 69 ) stop by the 65+ thread. Its one of the stickies at the top of the 50+ forum.

65.jpg
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon 105

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz