Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the year I had hoped it would be...

Last year I had a very good year for cycling, culminating in an (almost) century.

I was looking forward to this year, having built a fast, straight bar road bike over the winter as a change from my normal mountain bikes. But somehow everything seemed to go wrong with my plans. First was the horrible long drawn out winter which kept me off the bike, and then when the weather improved I just felt ill all the time for a month, nothing I could put my finger on, just absolute fatigue all the time and painful limbs and back for most of the time. I stuck with it and bit by bit I started riding more and now I'm out 3 or 4 times a week 25/30 mile rides and things are getting better. To copy from another thread my average speed has increased, but that's the new bike and not me.

I'm still aiming for a couple of half centuries, one on the coast and one in the mountains, but I've just been told that I've got a date for my shoulder op in late August which will put me off the bike for a few months, taking me to the winter again. That looks like it's going to be a five month riding year, but at least I'm riding and enjoying it.

Here's the new bike:

IMG_2622.jpg

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the colore anodized Cook Brothers cranks are a remnant of a past made in America era.

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Live to fight another day......