Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos for customer service

With all the threads that point out the worst in companies and their customer service when a product breaks I'd like to give recognition to Park Tool Co. I purchased their IB-3 multi-tool, or rescue tool as they call it, last year to keep in my seat bag. Its is well designed, handy tool, the single I-beam construction makes things pretty compact and rigid. I took it out to check the bag's contents and my spare tube's condition last week and found that one of the nyloc nuts on an end screw had come off and the tools on that end were scattered. Some had worked out of the bag at a small hole (wear and vibration of the bag on the seat clamp, since fixed,) and were long gone.

I used the contact on their website to send a note that their tool had a problem with one ends nyloc nut loosening and that they might want to look into this. I got a courteous response the next morning from Marc, he said they were aware of this problem and I should send a pic in a reply email to him for confirmation of the malfunction. Park is sending a replacement IB-3, with a better nut and screw, free of charge. No questions or excuses about anything, just an apology and new tool.

Its nice to have good, courteous service from a large company when they have a defective product get out in the sales stream.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kudos to Park Tool Co. Bill, sounds like your "I'm not an irate customer" approach may have helped.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent customer service +1

On two occasions over the past 5 years I requested service from Park. Both times response to my email was almost instantaneous and more than satisfactory. Good company culture along with good tools. And I don't work for them or have any relations that do. Just want to note good service/product at a time when too many people/companies don't seem to give a darn.

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus TerraTrike Cruiser
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what you product is, service is the key.

I was a service engineer for a large computer co for 47 years. I was the person that kept their machines running. Many of the customers trusted me far more than the salesman. They knew that if I said a machine was good they would go ahead and buy it. The reason---------------they knew I would have to keep it running right, and had never steered them wrong. It sure ticked of a couple of young salesmen when they were trying to sell a new machine and the customer said they wanted to talk to me first. Yes in the end customer service is the biggest deal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a good experience with Park Tools also. Someone gave me a Park floor pump a few years ago because it leaked. I found the base to be cracked. I emailed Park and got a quick reply from them. They just asked for my address and sent a new base at no charge.

Not bike related, but Sorel boots gets a nod from me as well. I had a pair of Sorels with the rubber toe uppers. they spent most of ten years in the closet, with only very limited use. The rubber toe uppers detiorated and cracked for unknown reasons. I contacted Sorel and they sent me a new pair of boots at no cost to me.

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know who else has GREAT customer support? Ibex Sports ... the importers of VDO and Exposure lights.

Essentially the same thing ... Immediate replacement of defective parts with no questions asked.
    Proud parent of a happy inner child ...
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    '98 Serotta Legend Ti, Vitus 979, Univega Alpina, Felt Little B@st@rd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't call it "Minnesota Nice" fer nuttin...
    And tell my mama I'm a hundred years late
    I'm over the rails and out of the race...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add Leatherman to the list of good companys. My wife's the knife on her Juice wouldn't stay closed, so I heard about thier guarentee, and sent it back. They sent a new one no questions asked.
    The tops for customer service IMHO is still LLBean. Not only will they replace a product, they pay for shipping, both ways.
    If you don't know the way, you shouldn't be going there.

In a state of 5th Dimension, where size has no meaning.
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Street Dog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go along with Park Tool, and add Pedro's. Like Park, they offer decent tools, and
    fine customer service.

I once returned a helmet that didn't fit quite right to Bike Nashbar, and they sent an immediate replacement,
    with no issues. This was years ago though, and I understand the company has gone through some changes.

My local bike shop. Excellent customer service.
    And, I know this is an odd one but here goes:
    My local optician. Life long glasses wearer here, and this
    local shop offers excellent customer service, the type
    you didn't think existed anymore. A little more pricey
    than the (Ugh!) shopping mall chains, but well worth it.
    "The People will believe what the Media tells them they believe". George Orwell.

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its nice to hear others with good things to say about companies when its deserved. Trackhub, I have an optician like yours, thankfully, an individual with a private practice, that gives you a thorough check up, explains things completely and in plain language and offers good glasses that are reasonably priced. He is a former Naval Aviator, a P-3 driver, we have some common friends and interests in aviation so we talk before he does my exam, enjoyable to not be pushed through so the next dollar can come in.

My LBS is one I could go on about for a while, I'll just say that Cyclesports of Pensacola is a first class operation with good people. Nashbar has been good to deal with when my LBS said to take their price on something they couldn't match. Prompt service and nice people when you need to talk on a land line phone.

Also, as said above, I have absolutely no connection with Park Tool, Nashbar, or our LBS, just giving them their proper due for good service and products.

Bill

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update, Saturday the replacement IB-3 multi-tool came it was sent first class USPS, that was fast shipping and service. They win my business.

Bill