Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 50+er sets a bad example!

Don't be like Alec, ride with traffic, carry your ID and don't yell at authority.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...154445357.html
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disorderly conduct? Alec Baldwin? Are you sure?

My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great way to run into someone pulling out of an intersection that isn't expecting anyone traveling the wrong way against traffic. You should have that down straight long before you're 50.

And yeah if you give the cops too much lip they'll be expected to come up with something to take you downtown just to show you what's what. Disorderly conduct is kind of a catch all charge that way. Another thing you should have better sense than to do long before you're 50.

Folks like to take their frustrations out on the cops sometimes.....common occurrence .
    Last edited by Zinger; 05-13-14 at 01:41 PM.
    "I never lost a race because my bike was too heavy".......George Mount

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, at least he wasn't playing words with friends while he was cycling.

My Bikes
    1993 Mt Shasta Tempest, 2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross CX, 2012ish Dahon Speed D7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's best to think of Alec Baldwin as a full-time performer playing the comic role of Alec Baldwin, similar to Stephen Colbert, but not limited to his on-air time. In that respect, he's a brilliant actor and comedic talent.
    Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which it was intended to solve. -Popper

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daspydyr View Post
    Don't be like Alec, ride with traffic, carry your ID and don't yell at authority.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...154445357.html
    Well, I most certainly ride with traffic. But there was a time when "Papers Please" was a phrase that most north Americans were proud not to hear or respond to... unlike those folks in an Eastern European bloc country or WWll Italy. And don't yell at authority? I think that's a right guaranteed in part by our founding documents, consecrated by usage, and made hallow by passing time.

Edit: I just reread what I wrote and though I stand by it, It may be a tad political.
    Its not my intention to derail this thread. If its deemed necessary, this post can be deleted.
    Last edited by Cyril; 05-13-14 at 06:03 PM.

A might bewildered... Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclosaurus View Post
    I think it's best to think of Alec Baldwin as a full-time performer playing the comic role of Alec Baldwin, similar to Stephen Colbert, but not limited to his on-air time. In that respect, he's a brilliant actor and comedic talent.
    Good point.

I'm embarrassed to admit it but I'm growing to kind of like the guy. He seems wonderfully contrarian, to put it ironically. And anyone who bucks the PC trend is fine with me.

My Bikes
    surly LHT, paris sport fixie, trek 5000, fuji ss
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
    I'm growing to kind of like the guy.
    +1. I like kind of appreciate him too...an old school, hot head, jerk...simple and straight forward.

A might bewildered... Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Well, I most certainly ride with traffic. But there was a time when "Papers Please" was a phrase that most north Americans were proud not to hear or respond to... unlike those folks in an Eastern European bloc country or WWll Italy. And don't yell at authority? I think that's a right guaranteed in part by our founding documents, consecrated by usage, and made hallow by passing time.

Edit: I just reread what I wrote and though I stand by it, It may be a tad political.
    Its not my intention to derail this thread. If its deemed necessary, this post can be deleted.
    And don't forget Nazi Germany, where it all began. Thus we fulfill Godwin's Law.

I don't like it either. It seems like our "right to privacy", if it ever truly existed (and I don't really think it did) has gone the way of the horse and buggy.

My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    And don't yell at authority? I think that's a right guaranteed in part by our founding documents, consecrated by usage, and made hallow by passing time.
    Speaking strictly streetwise though you'd better be prepared for an inconvenience, at least, for a price. Guys like Alec (who I really know nothing about) can afford the bail to do pretty much whatever they want. Those of us who don't like being in lockup until we get an "own recognizance" release, perhaps days later, better know how to stay out of unnecessary trouble.

I've been riding without ID for decades but don't ride salmon and don't pick arguments with cops. If you can afford it though, by all means go for it.
    "I never lost a race because my bike was too heavy".......George Mount

My Bikes
    Too many
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The government is not "Authority".

Authority is granted to it by the States and by the people.

Nonetheless, yelling at a Police Officer is stupid. They can shoot you.

My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAura View Post
    +1. I like kind of appreciate him too...an old school, hot head, jerk...simple and straight forward.
    He's pretty much just a guy from Long Island. Pretty common except for the fame and money.