User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Bikes
    Trek FX 7.3 WSD, Trek Lexa S, Trek Lexa SLX
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear things went relatively smoothly with the left eye... hope things go even better with the right!

My Bikes
    Specialized Camber Elite 29er
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useful thread. I'm going in next week for my first meeting/exam with the surgeon. I've decided to get the plain vanilla lens, nothing fancy.

My Bikes
    Specialized Camber Elite 29er
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I'm going in for cataract surgery on the 20th of this month (August). I chose the single-vision lenses with astigmatism correction.Fingers crossed.

My Bikes
    Trek FX 7.3 WSD, Trek Lexa S, Trek Lexa SLX
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with your surgery, jmiked… hope it goes smooth as silk!

My Bikes
    I don't own any bikes
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiked View Post
    Looks like I'm going in for cataract surgery on the 20th of this month (August). I chose the single-vision lenses with astigmatism correction.Fingers crossed.
    Just an update on me... wow oh wowie! I am so happy with the surgery. I am working on the computer now without glasses. I can see just about everything, better than I ever did with contacts, without any glasses. For small print I have to use reading glasses 1.00+ strength. The actual Femto laser (for astigmatism) was nothing... the easiest part of the process. The cataract removal was also nothing. When the lens was inserted I could feel the pressure and its weird watching the process from the "inside". I had some pain with my left eye and recovering is slower but with my right (done this last Monday) no pain, good sight immediately, no issues. Vision is 20/20 r eye and 20/25 l. Most likely I will need lasix on the left eye in about 4 - 5 weeks. Good money spent but worth it.

funny note: I've worn glasses for 55 years, contact for at least 45. I am out and about doing stuff and then say to myself "I better get home and take off my contacts... oh wait!" I never realized how the whole putting on and taking off contacts was a part of my life, a big part. It's awesome not getting that irritated feeling when the contacts got dirty. I've just started doing some short and easy rides again and realize its going to be totally different.... I can actually now see the trail... maybe it was better before i didn't!!!
    Last edited by Pamestique; 08-08-14 at 09:37 AM.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123