Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: wide shoes

My Bikes
    Cannondale R300, RT1000, Trek1000c, EZ sport cx, EZ Tandem (tuna boat)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one that needs a wide cycling shoe? Most shops have cut back on us guys with wide feet. Nashbar is just about the only ones that found with wide shoes. I am not looking, but I kind of find it hard that the wide shoe is so elusive. The Lake MTB shoe fits. I glad I do not like hot green.
    Ride well and be kind to others
    OldShacker

My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that Shimano's fit my wide foot, I wear a 10 1/2 EE, (11EE is slightly tight) and shimano 46's (11 1/2 US) fit me VERY well. Sidi's are also supposed to fit wide feet.
    Forget Nike.
    BTW - Ebay a good place to get a good bargin, as most folks buy and then sell when they discover shoes don't fit. Picked up a pair of Shimano R150's sz 46 Mint! for $40+ shipping. Even had SPD cleats attached.
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only am I an 11 EEE, I have a high volume foot from having been a hiker. Only thing that fits me is Sidi Mega. Mega just means
    wide. I have the Mega Dominators and the Mega Genius. Whatever you do, never try a pair on. You might wind up buying 2 pair. And they ain't cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the sidi mega...they might be the ticket for you but they sure don't give them away. They are sturdy, however. The sidi normal is about a D-E, the mega is getting near sasquatch width. YMMV

My Bikes
    Lemond Buenos Aries, Gary Fisher Tassajara, Trek 4500, plus many more
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of ironic that I was reading your post since I was looking in my new Nashbar catalog last night and happened to notice that they had a couple of shoes on sale being advertised specifically for those that need a wider shoe. You may want to check out their website. I didn't catch the brand or anything else about them.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear an 11 EEE/EEEE shoe and most Lake shoes fit.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread worked for some of the guys I have been trying to get on the bike. The bike shops in are area do not have WIDE in stock. I told a few guys about the thread and a co worker has just ordred his Shimano R151 Wide Road Shoe. He said that Red Baron has the same size feet.
    Since it was not my money, I did try to push for the SIDI Mega's and he responded that he can only put one shoe on at a time...
    OldShacker

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the shoe search. It seems manufacturers even change the widths from year to year and model to model. My experience has been that it's really frustrating to try and purchase a pair on-line if a similar model has not been tried on.

I'm actually on the other end of the spectrum as I had long but very narrow feet. My challenge is finding them narrow enough-usually I'm pulling the straps and closures as tight as I can get them. My other issue is one foot is a 1/2 size longer than the other as well.......When I find a pair that fits I often think about buying a couple pair since it can be so aggravating just finding something that really fits.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    Good luck with the shoe search. It seems manufacturers even change the widths from year to year and model to model. My experience has been that it's really frustrating to try and purchase a pair on-line if a similar model has not been tried on.

I'm actually on the other end of the spectrum as I had long but very narrow feet. My challenge is finding them narrow enough-usually I'm pulling the straps and closures as tight as I can get them. My other issue is one foot is a 1/2 size longer than the other as well.......When I find a pair that fits I often think about buying a couple pair since it can be so aggravating just finding something that really fits.
    jppe
    The LBS here are real bad with guys like us. The funny thing is that they all say that when they get them in they sale out. So why not re-order I ask! So far my On line oder for my LAKE MTB SPD shoes are doing well for the price. My feet are not getting the pain around the end toes anymore, however, they do not do well in the cold. Some the guys can put 2 socks on with their shoes. No way in my case.
    What a guessing game we have to involve yourself in.
    OldShacker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For road? If so, you'll probably like the SIDI Genius Mega ... list is over $200 but a sale price can be as low as ~$150.00 such as at Supergo, which is where I bought my pair, off the shelf. They're black.

Quote Originally Posted by OldShacker
    Am I the only one that needs a wide cycling shoe? Most shops have cut back on us guys with wide feet. Nashbar is just about the only ones that found with wide shoes. I am not looking, but I kind of find it hard that the wide shoe is so elusive. The Lake MTB shoe fits. I glad I do not like hot green.