Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   ANDIAMO! Briefs. (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/959985-andiamo-briefs.html)

Louis Le Tour 07-18-14 12:31 PM

ANDIAMO! Briefs.

Today was the day to try out a new underwear garment and the ANDIAMO! brief is the item. For the life of me I felt like I was wearing women's panties!!:o However, I'm pleased to report they ARE an improvement over the cotton briefs I'd been wearing. So, I'm giving them my recommendation, for what it's worth.

David Bierbaum 07-18-14 12:38 PM

The most disturbing part of your post, is that you know how it feels to wear women's panties...

linnefaulk 07-18-14 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Bierbaum (Post 16951402)
The most disturbing part of your post, is that you know how it feels to wear women's panties...

:roflmao2:

They do make women's panties so perhaps your were wearing some. ;)

bikepro 07-18-14 01:45 PM

I hope you're not saying you wear underwear under your cycling shorts. I hope that's not what you're saying . . . any kind of underwear.

TromboneAl 07-18-14 02:05 PM

Anyone who says "Pics or it didn't happen" will be banned.

Gerryattrick 07-18-14 02:15 PM

You clearly should wear them over your tights like Superman (or Wonderwoman), whichever floats your boat.

RonH 07-18-14 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikepro (Post 16951658)
I hope you're not saying you wear underwear under your cycling shorts. I hope that's not what you're saying . . . any kind of underwear.

+1000

OldTryGuy 07-18-14 05:05 PM

Either way, don't forget some Chamois buttr'.

lphilpot 07-18-14 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TromboneAl (Post 16951732)
Anyone who says "Pics or it didn't happen" will be banned.

+1,000,000 :)

Louis Le Tour 07-18-14 09:45 PM

Quote:

AAAARGH! Ya undone me!!

Louis Le Tour 07-18-14 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikepro (Post 16951658)

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying and it's comfortable too.

DnvrFox 07-19-14 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis Le Tour (Post 16952965)
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying and it's comfortable too.

I fought that battle for years, wearing something under my bibs, and - well - I now wear nothing under my bibs - the same as I wear nothing under my swimsuit. Since I do a lot of swimming, and hate the drag of one one of those canvas "swim suit" monstrosities, I wear these. Very comfortable, hide what needs to be hidden.

http://origin-new.swimoutlet.com/pho...9x292-AUTO.jpg

Same with my bibs. Nothing under them.

fietsbob 07-19-14 08:42 AM

For non ambitious distances , there are un padded wicking poly Briefs ..
I got some for touring as a quick was dry option for walking around towns
see Museums and historical building sites , pre columbian..

RoadTire 07-19-14 09:03 AM

Quote:

Louis, you kinda stepped in it this time. Thanks for the info and entertainment. :thumb:

On a serious note, I have a couple different kind of stretchy nylon-something underwear for backpacking: briefs and longer legged ones. They are remarkably comfortable.

bikepro 07-19-14 04:27 PM

A refresher from the past is needed: http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/40033-...wear-nazi.html

DnvrFox 07-19-14 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikepro (Post 16954776)
A refresher from the past is needed: http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/40033-...wear-nazi.html

The Underwear Nazi and I had many facetious exchanges. However, we discovered that our tongue-in-cheek discussions were taken rather seriously by some folks, and things got out of hand, and we stopped. Somewhere along the way I was told who the UN was, and I promptly forgot (well, in your 70's, almost everything is promptly forgotten). Then I was told that the UN had left the forum.

However, it was someone with a double identity, and the forum mods were aware of this, as I understand it.

bikepro 07-19-14 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 16955336)
The Underwear Nazi and I had many facetious exchanges. However, we discovered that our tongue-in-cheek discussions were taken rather seriously by some folks, and things got out of hand, and we stopped. Somewhere along the way I was told who the UN was, and I promptly forgot (well, in your 70's, almost everything is promptly forgotten). Then I was told that the UN had left the forum.

However, it was someone with a double identity, and the forum mods were aware of this, as I understand it.

Reading the entire thread, there is a lot a really funny stuff in there. It's too bad too many have no sense of humor these days. Oh well.

DnvrFox 07-19-14 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikepro (Post 16955368)
Reading the entire thread, there is a lot a really funny stuff in there. It's too bad too many have no sense of humor these days. Oh well.

There were numerous threads between me and UN. I have learned that some folks have senses of humor far different from mine (or perhaps none at all). I tend to be very tongue-in-cheek, and folks take me seriously, and I have to watch myself. Others end up on my ignore list.

Louis Le Tour 07-20-14 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadTire (Post 16953801)

Louis, you kinda stepped in it this time. Thanks for the info and entertainment. :thumb:

On a serious note, I have a couple different kind of stretchy nylon-something underwear for backpacking: briefs and longer legged ones. They are remarkably comfortable.

So, do they feel like you're wearing women's............................OH NEVER MIND!!:p

Wildwood 07-25-14 02:35 PM

Sometimes less is more. But I did not read the Underwear Nazi thread.