Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 07-26-14, 02:04 PM   #1
capejohn

Bikes: Novara Randonee, Felt Z45, Marin Belvedere Commuter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The Dog's Life.

Since retirement a few years ago I have been living the life of a spoiled dog. I'm sure that if my car had feelings and could talk it would accuse me of cheating. I drive so infrequently that I have less miles on my odometer in the past four years than I drove the year before retirement. I have been keeping a bike blog since 2003 and last year began using video posting and now I can't ride without bringing both a still and video camera. The video is a Kodak Play sport which makes video recording on the fly very easy.

Maintaining a bike page is more fun than I cold have imagined and it fill in those times where I would get lazy, turn on the TV and veg out, so to speak.
HERE IS A SAMPLE of my East Bay Bike Path ride in Providence, R.I. a mix of still and videos. I really hope to be much better at editing all this stuff by the spring when I embark on a cross country solo bike tour.

If your also living the good life (a bicycle life) and documented it. Tell us about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kodak-PlaySport-Pocket-Waterproof-Full-HD-Camcorder.jpg (39.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by capejohn; 07-26-14 at 08:05 PM.
capejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 04:18 PM   #2
Timtruro

Bikes: Aegis Trident (Big Red)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It must be kismet Capejohn, my neighbor and I just started talking about doing the East Bay trail soon, certainly before the summer is gone. I've heard and read good things about it and your photos and videos have reinforced them. thx.
Timtruro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 03:51 PM   #3
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
I'm glad you put this up as I enjoy that ride about once a week. I especially enjoy the wild life which every year there is more if it. I've found several additions to the ride that extend the distance another 5 miles or so through quiet residential neighborhoods. I sometimes encounter people from out of state, such as New York, who want a safe path to ride.
berner is offline   Reply With Quote