Thread: The Dog's Life.

My Bikes
    Novara Randonee, Felt Z45, Marin Belvedere Commuter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dog's Life.

Since retirement a few years ago I have been living the life of a spoiled dog. I'm sure that if my car had feelings and could talk it would accuse me of cheating. I drive so infrequently that I have less miles on my odometer in the past four years than I drove the year before retirement. I have been keeping a bike blog since 2003 and last year began using video posting and now I can't ride without bringing both a still and video camera. The video is a Kodak Play sport which makes video recording on the fly very easy.
    Kodak-PlaySport-Pocket-Waterproof-Full-HD-Camcorder.jpg

Maintaining a bike page is more fun than I cold have imagined and it fill in those times where I would get lazy, turn on the TV and veg out, so to speak.
    HERE IS A SAMPLE of my East Bay Bike Path ride in Providence, R.I. a mix of still and videos. I really hope to be much better at editing all this stuff by the spring when I embark on a cross country solo bike tour.

If your also living the good life (a bicycle life) and documented it. Tell us about it.
    Last edited by capejohn; 07-26-14 at 08:05 PM.
    Bike riding New England gentleman.

My Bikes
    '12 Salsa Casseroll...Pepé.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be kismet Capejohn, my neighbor and I just started talking about doing the East Bay trail soon, certainly before the summer is gone. I've heard and read good things about it and your photos and videos have reinforced them. thx.
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)

My Bikes
    Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you put this up as I enjoy that ride about once a week. I especially enjoy the wild life which every year there is more if it. I've found several additions to the ride that extend the distance another 5 miles or so through quiet residential neighborhoods. I sometimes encounter people from out of state, such as New York, who want a safe path to ride.