User Tag List

My Bikes
    '74 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2005 Raleigh Grand Prix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Grandpas go Cycling

If this has been posted on the forum before, I apologize for the possible repeat, but could not pass it up. I saw this on FB a couple of weeks ago, and placed an order for one myself; couldn't resist.

Being a grandpa who does not care for the Bingo table, it fits!

Here is a link to the site:

Limited Edition | Teespring
    I have been absent form the forum for a while. Senior care had taken quite a bit of my time the past couple of years. Back to "normal" now, whatever that is!!

PhilRealGrandpasGoCycling.jpg

My Bikes
    2014 Trek 7.3FX,2015 Trek Domane 4.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it!

I'm 51 and still not a grandpa but I'd wear it for sure.

Getting older and slower!
    My Bikes
    Trek Domane 6 series Project One, Trek Madone 6.9, Trek XO1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. But I certainly don't need another cycling theme tee shirt. They seem to multiply.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I became a great-grandfather last month but I can't wear that cycling. Its a t-shirt! But I can wear it everywhere else.

[edit] Just ordered one. [/edit]
    Last edited by RonH; 08-08-14 at 03:17 PM.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I am, technically, a grandfather (my son and his wife have 3 sons) I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that fact, i.e. that "label" of grandfather.

So maybe I need that shirt to wear for some self-awareness therapy .

My Idea of "grandfather" is, I suppose, based on what I remember from my grandfathers when I was young. I am so NOT like them! I don't recall them doing any exercise at all, much less cycling. Watching sports on TV was as close as they got.

The only thing is, I'm turned-off by that "Real" label. I don't think I'm any more real for being a cyclist than a grandfather who's not a cyclist. Or am I being too literal?

Anyway, like Cychologist noted above, I have too many cycling T-Shirts already!

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    '88 Cannondale Criterium, Trek Pro Series
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR View Post
    While I am, technically, a grandfather (my son and his wife have 3 sons) I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that fact, i.e. that "label" of grandfather.

So maybe I need that shirt to wear for some self-awareness therapy .

My Idea of "grandfather" is, I suppose, based on what I remember from my grandfathers when I was young. I am so NOT like them! I don't recall them doing any exercise at all, much less cycling. Watching sports on TV was as close as they got.

The only thing is, I'm turned-off by that "Real" label. I don't think I'm any more real for being a cyclist than a grandfather who's not a cyclist. Or am I being too literal?

Anyway, like Cychologist noted above, I have too many cycling T-Shirts already!

Rick / OCRR
    So true. My grampa sat on the porch and took it easy...he was retired and that's ok....but really, 85% of the riders I see are grandparent age. And that really blows my mind.
    Having a flat tire as part of the total cycling experience is highly overrated. Knowing how to fix one quickly is not.

'85 Trek 460 road racer

'89 Raleigh Technium PRE

'79 Motobecane Super Mirage