I did the Davis (CA) double century three times in the '70s, in & just out of high school.
- Ten speed 531, sew ups, cleats/toe clips, leather chamois, no bike computer, or helmet.
Back to steady road riding the last couple of years, I did the Mt Tam double (also CA) yesterday.
This was the worker's ride, for volunteers- the main event was the previous week. Sag support but no stationary rest stops.
2014 Mt. Tam Double Century - A bike ride in San Rafael, CA
- Years since last DC: 40
- Time: 15:23 rolling 19.5 overall (18,000' climbing)
- Training: inconsistent weekend rides ~70, had not planned on doing this
- Weight in high school- 155, weight current- 160
- Fastest time for Davis DC- 9:58 (total, except lunch stop)
- Results: Butt sore the last 40 miles or so.
Just wanted to toot my horn. Thanks for listening.