User Tag List

My Bikes
    Byron,Sam, The Hunq and that Old Guy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michigan events ahead!

In Kalamazoo on September 6th there is a Recombent Rally at the Business Technology campus of WMU. It's not a big deal but the bike shops and mfgs send out their latest for test runs.
    On September 7 is the Paw Paw Vineyard Bike Tour in conjunction with the Wine and Harvest festival.
    RTool is coming up from Ohio for the weekend, both events are worth the short drive.

Marc
    Read Simply Cycle

"I can still do everything I used to, but now I'm mature enough to take a nap without being told." - Me

"You don't deteriorate from age,you age from deterioration" --Joe Weider

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waitaminnit -- is that a public service announcement or are you planning on checking out stuff at the recumbent rally? When I've attended the rally in years past, it's been fairly small and low-key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one..B.P.

My Bikes
    Byron,Sam, The Hunq and that Old Guy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingPedals View Post
    Waitaminnit -- is that a public service announcement or are you planning on checking out stuff at the recumbent rally? When I've attended the rally in years past, it's been fairly small and low-key.
    Yep, that's the one. They keep it going and try to develop it. RTool wanted to see it, so he's sticking around for the Vineyard Classic on Sunday also. I told him, he may be a little underwhelmed by the rally.

Marc
    Read Simply Cycle

"I can still do everything I used to, but now I'm mature enough to take a nap without being told." - Me

"You don't deteriorate from age,you age from deterioration" --Joe Weider

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a spring rally, too, which is a fusion of Wolverbents annual meeting and the Michigan HPRA annual meeting. They move it yearly, from Kalamazoo to U of M to Lansing, and I think next spring's rally is due to be in Lansing. It's nothing like a convention, more like a club meeting where the public is welcome. The local builders bring stuff and there's a show-and-tell. A couple years ago one guy brought his home-made electric-assist velomobile which was pretty impressive. There are probably only 15-20 people at it, but almost everyone brings something to show off. I'll probably have my rebuilt NoCom there, and maybe my Baron Low (which you've never seen in-the-flesh,) and Chris may bring his velo so he can show off the aero parts he makes.

Have bike, will travel Barrettscv's Avatar
    My Bikes
    A road bike for every purpose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the 100 mile distance of the Apple Cider Centry last year and I am planning on going again this year.

https://applecidercentury.com/
    2014 Trek DS.1: "Viaggiatore" A do-it-all bike that is waiting in Italy
    2012 Pedal Force CG2: "Secolo Bicicletta" the modern carbon fiber road bike
    2012 Pedal Force CX2: "Carbone CX" the carbon fiber CX bike
    2010 Origin 8 CX 700: "Servizio Grave" Monstercross/29er bike
    1997 Simoncini Special Cyclocross: "Little Simon" lugged Columbus steel CX bike
    1987 Serotta Nova Special X: "Azzurri" The retro Columbus SPX steel road bike

My Bikes
    Scott CR1 Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been a Sag for the last 25 years or so at the vineyard classic. It runs through the countryside through a lot of rolling hills. usually everyone is finished by 1:00 Pm or so and you can still partake of the wine tasting downtown wihich is only a couple of blocks from the start point. There are two sag stops for food and drink. I carry a spare tube some tools and a spare bike I have only had to loan out a front wheel but if somebody breaks down I have the bike rack to carry them and or the bike back to the start.