Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: 20 mph+ ride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 mph+ ride

Just did a 25 mile ride and averaged just over 20mph. first time ever. Really stoked.

scofflaw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good for you, man!

My Bikes
    See signature
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-B
    Just did a 25 mile ride and averaged just over 20mph. first time ever. Really stoked.
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! Ain't speed grand? Today I rode 27 miles and averaged 19.70 mph. Three weeks ago I managed 20.01 over the same route which was the first time that I broke 20 in about 3 years. I was off the bike for two plus years due to health problems and managed my 20+ on my 53rd week of being back on the road. I really get a kick of passing the "kids" on the bike trail, you know, the 30 to 40 year olds - and those much younger as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya it's a lot of fun to pass em up, especially on an 80's six speed.

My Bikes
    Connondale MTB, Malvern Star (historic) Orbea, GT (newest)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya it's a lot of fun to pass em up, especially on an 80's six speed.
    Don't you just love 80's six speeds?
    The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by berny
    Don't you just love 80's six speeds?
    I've got a new Giant on order, but I'm definitely gonna keep the old Raleigh around. If I can pass the pups with the Raleigh, I should be able to blow by em with a lighter (don't know about better yet) bike.

My Bikes
    See signature
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a new Giant on order, but I'm definitely gonna keep the old Raleigh around. If I can pass the pups with the Raleigh, I should be able to blow by em with a lighter (don't know about better yet) bike.
    I still have an old road bike with down tube shifters that I bought in 1970 - a Bottechia made in Italy. It weighs a ton compared to today’s bikes but I got 1000's of miles of use out of it, too many to really know. The last time I rode it was in 2001 and it still moved along quite nicely.

Crazy-B, when you get your new ride, I don't think you'll see anything under 20 mpg avg. given what you’ve accomplished on your old ride. I'm afraid that if I ran into you on the trail with your new Giant in hand that I'd hear you saying "On the left" as you prepared to pass me. Oh well - I can still pass my share. Good luck with the new bike!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blandin
    I still have an old road bike with down tube shifters that I bought in 1970 - a Bottechia made in Italy. It weighs a ton compared to today’s bikes but I got 1000's of miles of use out of it, too many to really know. The last time I rode it was in 2001 and it still moved along quite nicely.

Crazy-B, when you get your new ride, I don't think you'll see anything under 20 mpg avg. given what you’ve accomplished on your old ride. I'm afraid that if I ran into you on the trail with your new Giant in hand that I'd hear you saying "On the left" as you prepared to pass me. Oh well - I can still pass my share. Good luck with the new bike!
    Thanks for the compliment, Blandin. If we met up we could gang up on the youngsters. At 52 I feel like I'm just starting to hit my stride. My legs are stronger now than when I was in my 30's. If i could just lose that extra 20 lb's. Oh well(sigh).

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrific!! That's a super ride.

My Bikes
    04' Giant OCR1 (stock)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my first century today and averaged 17.8... i am dead tired... was fun though congrats on the speed...

Duct tape won't fix that slotibartfast's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2003 Bianchi Veloce, 2002 Gary Fisher Utopia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent job! I have trouble getting over 18mph for 25 miles. Just have to keep trying - I know I have a 20+mph ride in me somewhere!
    It's no matter, no distance, it's the ride.....Stephen Stills...Throughfare Gap

My Bikes
    See signature
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OCR1RIDER
    I did my first century today and averaged 17.8... i am dead tired... was fun though congrats on the speed...
    Amazing accomplishment. Oh am I jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OCR1RIDER
    Super job, were you solo or with a group? A century at any speed is my next goal.