User Tag List

My Bikes
    2014 Giant defy advanced 0 with DI-2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any body familar with cycling in the senior olympics

I recently sold my old road bike to a guy from the Kansas City area (he was 66) and we got talking a bit and he started telly me how he had been competing in the senior Olympics. I got looking into this and realized that there are competitions for various time trail and road cycling events held on local, state and national levels for people 50 and older. Seems very interesting and there broken up by 5 year age categories. It looks like there is a regional event in St. Louis and a state event in Columbia (Missouri). They have lots of other sports you can compete in, but cycling is the one that peaks my interest. Just wanted to see if Any one else on here has competed in cycling and what your experience has been.

My Bikes
    2 Paramounts, CAAD8, Giant Propel Advanced SL3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YUP. Some serious old farts in them there races, and FAST too!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a few minutes to post your question in the Masters Racing Forum, http://www.bikeforums.net/masters-ra...l-disciplines/ This a sub-forum of the Racing Forums group.

There are several 50+ folks that hang out in that forum, and participate in the Senior Olympics, both at their state, and at national levels. The guys and gals in the forum there are very helpful, and encouraging to anyone wanting to start racing in any form and at any level. Hermes and Velodiva are National level competitors in road and track events, as are AzTallRider, Allegheny Jet, and several others. Lots of local racing competitors at the entry and Cat 4 levels, as well as age group competitors, are there, also. Good folks, all.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

"We can't control that we have Parkinson's, but we can control how we live with Parkinson's" Davis Phinney