Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-05, 06:47 AM   #1
erli
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, for those interested in folders in the nordic countries, there is a basic folder available through the chain store: Biltema It is a basic folder, 5 speeds, which Biltempa sells under its own brand name. I don't know much about, where it comes from, from the looks, it looks like a Dahon copy. I have been looking at folders for a while, but I have to say I didn't want to shell out too much for a beginner bike, so I was really glad I found this at Biltema, It costs about 200, but I think for basic commuting it should be ok.

regards
erli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-05, 06:16 PM   #2
Shilun
Senior Member
 
Shilun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Taiwan
Bikes:
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erli
Hi, for those interested in folders in the nordic countries, there is a basic folder available through the chain store: Biltema It is a basic folder, 5 speeds, which Biltempa sells under its own brand name. I don't know much about, where it comes from, from the looks, it looks like a Dahon copy. I have been looking at folders for a while, but I have to say I didn't want to shell out too much for a beginner bike, so I was really glad I found this at Biltema, It costs about 200, but I think for basic commuting it should be ok.

regards
Here are the details from the website.


20" Yosemite

- Ram: Aluminium
- Ramstorlek: 31 cm
- Va"xelsystem: Shimano TY 5-vxl
- Va"xelreglage: Shimano
- Broms: V-broms
- Vevparti: Prowheel, aluminium
- Frihjul: Shimano
- Hjul: 20" aluminium
- Da"ck: 20 x 1,75"
- Nav bak: Quando, aluminium
- Nav fram: Quando, aluminium
- Vevlager: VP
- Pedaler: VP
- Styre och stam: Sta*l
- Sadelstolpe: Kalloy, aluminium
-Vikt: 14

Picture
Shilun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-05, 06:33 PM   #3
af895
Senior Member
 
af895's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Bikes: 2003 KHS F20-Westwood folding & enough parts to make several more bikes...
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know, it's *possible* it IS a Dahon!

It *looks* like the handle bar stem is adjustable up/down. I think Dahons are known for that.

In the discussion forum on Dahons website, Dahon is very open about manufacturing bikes under different names.

http://www.dahon.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1084

In any case, that looks like a nice bike. I understand prices are generally higher in Europe these days but 200 seems pretty reasonable to me if it comes with the chain guard, fenders and rear rack as pictured.
Do the pedals fold?
af895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 01:24 AM   #4
erli
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shilun: Thanks for posting the picture to the Biltema folder, I tried to post a link in my original message, I am surprised, it didn't show.

as895: Thanks for posting the Dahon furum link, maybe I will make a post there too and see if anyone can tell the origin of the bike. Dahon or not, I think it is a rather good deal at 200. can't tell you much about pedals, It was the first folder I have seen in person, and I was just too excited to find it so unexpectly that once I noticed that the main parts can be folded, I immediatly ordered. They didn't have it in stock and as I am leaving on vocation in a week, I won't be getting it until the end of Aug. I will try to post more pictures once I have it.
erli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 07:37 AM   #5
Shilun
Senior Member
 
Shilun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Taiwan
Bikes:
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erli
Shilun: Thanks for posting the picture to the Biltema folder, I tried to post a link in my original message, I am surprised, it didn't show.

as895: Thanks for posting the Dahon furum link, maybe I will make a post there too and see if anyone can tell the origin of the bike. Dahon or not, I think it is a rather good deal at 200. can't tell you much about pedals, It was the first folder I have seen in person, and I was just too excited to find it so unexpectly that once I noticed that the main parts can be folded, I immediatly ordered. They didn't have it in stock and as I am leaving on vocation in a week, I won't be getting it until the end of Aug. I will try to post more pictures once I have it.

You're welcome. Here's an even better picture.

Picture
Shilun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-05, 11:29 PM   #6
tedi k wardhana
transport, not sport.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: indonesia
Bikes:
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not too sure whether to comment here, or at vintage and classic forum.
Way back in 1973, in Paramaribo, Suriname, the hype was a collapsible (I mean collapsible, not foldable) I was 8 years old, and my father bought me one.
The brand was VICTORIA, clearly it was made in Germany.
Sadly I do not have it anymore, someone stole it.
But as I can vividly remember, the built of it was very sturdy, the pedals could be folded compactly, and the collapsed bike, really was neat.
Anyone still own one? Please let me know.
tedi k wardhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-05, 11:33 PM   #7
CaptainSpalding
Explorer
 
CaptainSpalding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Bikes: Dahon Jetstream XP, Merlin Road Ti, Fisher Mt. Tam
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by af895
You know, it's *possible* it IS a Dahon!

It *looks* like the handle bar stem is adjustable up/down. I think Dahons are known for that.
It looks more like a non-suspension version of the "Easy Cruiser " you posted about.

Easy Cruiser:


Yosemite:
CaptainSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:52 PM.