Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Folding Bikes (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/)
-   -   Folding Tandem (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/153675-folding-tandem.html)

Chop! 11-15-05 08:08 AM

Folding Tandem
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi Chaps & Chappesses!

I've added oodles of the weirdest & most wonderful folders to my AtoZ including this natty little folding tandem!
Hope you enjoy sifting through them. All suggestions greatfully added.........
Safe riding!

BruceMetras 11-15-05 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chop!
Hi Chaps & Chappesses!

I've added oodles of the weirdest & most wonderful folders to my AtoZ including this natty little folding tandem!
Hope you enjoy sifting through them. All suggestions greatfully added.........
Safe riding!

Chop, any idea who makes that tandem??

Bruce

Chop! 11-15-05 08:49 PM

Hey Bruce!

Like it says on the tin, 'it's in the A-Z' It appears to have been made in......wait for it........Taiwan, by the Jee Ann Bicycle Company, they seem to have badged their products 'Super JAB'. Now, at the moment, their own web site refers to new models for 2001, so not sure if this bodes well, you could try e-mailing them for more info.
I know that the Japanese BD1 club (Birdy's name in Japan) made a Birdy Tandem, but not sure if it was a one-off. There's an English Birdy forum, & the German 'Birdy Freunde' Forum.
Bike Friday do the Twosday, Burley, Worksman etc. do versions
Hope this helps. Anyone else know of any other folding tandems?

Gordon Petrie 11-16-05 03:06 AM

Dear Chop,

Another folding tandem that is equipped with full suspension is the TwinTraveller (TTR) from the Koga-Myata company in the Netherlands. The link is as follows:- http://www.koga.com/uk/bike.asp?coll...=53&id=8183701
There are pictures of the folding mechanism and of the bike in its folded configuration on the Web page. The cost of the bike is 4,000 Euros (2,670). The weight is 29.2 kg.
If indeed you are able to come to Glasgow next week, come and see it for yourself at Kinetics where it is sitting in the front window of the shop at the present time. I do hope that you can make it northwards!

Gordon Petrie

BruceMetras 11-16-05 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chop!
Hey Bruce!

Like it says on the tin, 'it's in the A-Z' It appears to have been made in......wait for it........Taiwan, by the Jee Ann Bicycle Company, they seem to have badged their products 'Super JAB'. Now, at the moment, their own web site refers to new models for 2001, so not sure if this bodes well, you could try e-mailing them for more info.

Great Chop! Went to Jee Ann and didn't see it....could it be another manufacture? Did I miss it?..... it's looks nice, functional and affordable....like a Stretch Downtube might look..

Anybody else recognize it?

Bruce

Chop! 11-18-05 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Petrie
Dear Chop,

Another folding tandem that is equipped with full suspension is the TwinTraveller (TTR) from the Koga-Myata company in the Netherlands. The link is as follows:- http://www.koga.com/uk/bike.asp?coll...=53&id=8183701
There are pictures of the folding mechanism and of the bike in its folded configuration on the Web page. The cost of the bike is 4,000 Euros (2,670). The weight is 29.2 kg.
If indeed you are able to come to Glasgow next week, come and see it for yourself at Kinetics where it is sitting in the front window of the shop at the present time. I do hope that you can make it northwards!

Gordon Petrie

Wow! it looks a beast! And I've been told that we will be doing the 2nd Glasgow gig so see y'all then.

Chop! 11-18-05 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceMetras
Great Chop! Went to Jee Ann and didn't see it....could it be another manufacture? Did I miss it?..... it's looks nice, functional and affordable....like a Stretch Downtube might look..

Anybody else recognize it?

Bruce

Bruce, Try this link.......
It was called Sora 8-speed


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:17 PM.