Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 139 of 139
  1. #126
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,247
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Pacific Reach (frame only) for free. You'll be up for postage. I will pack it small so that postage should not be too bad. Postage from Melbourne Australia. You might get an idea of the postage from auspost.com.

    I upgraded Connie's Reach to a new style frame so the older one is up for grabs. The frame includes the fork, seatpost and stem riser. You will need to source 451 wheels, drivetrain, handle bar etc.

    [edit] TAKEN [/edit]
    Last edited by jur; 05-06-14 at 11:20 PM.

  2. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bland Diego, CA
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxi Rob View Post
    2 Maxxis Overdrive Elites 20x1.15 ISO406 with Presta tubes

    will trade for any portion of a 2x10 650c drivetrain
    bump
    Last edited by Taxi Rob; 12-30-13 at 02:50 PM.
    1985 Nishiki Century/198? Miyata 610/19?? Omega 12/198? Univega Alpina Pro/198? Unknown MTB/1991 Koga-Miyata Randonneur Alloy/1996 GT Rage/199? DB "Frankencross"

  3. #128
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the offer still available?

  4. #129
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,247
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arste View Post
    Is the offer still available?
    I am assuming this is directed to me: Yes it is.

  5. #130
    Senior Member smallwheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,733
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    406 for 451

    i have a brand new pair of professionally built 406 wheels. sun cr18 double wall rims. ultegra hubs (for 8-9 speed cassette not included) with quick release skewers. stainless spokes. velox cloth rim tape. i would like to trade for a comparable 451 set. i can't use disc brakes. doesn't have to be new, but should be comparable in quality to what's offered (or otherwise compelling). thanks.


  6. #131
    Nobody mconlonx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,417
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering a trade...

    I bought this awesome 8sp Birdy from Bruce Metras out in CA. A bit later, I followed up and bought a rear Sachs 3x7 wheel and shifter he offered up when I whinged about the gear range. I haven't installed it yet, still running the bike as stock, 8sp.





    Only issues are non-stock, non-folding pedals (not the ones pictured), and a few more scrapes and scratches than Bruce might remember. I've used this as a commuter for a few months and it has impacted the paint a bit. I love the bike -- noodle around a bit on the folder forum and you'll find me waxing enthusiastic about it. In a nutshell: a lot more bike than I bargained for.

    Just about perfect for me except... it's winter in New England and no one makes 18" studded tires that I can find. Schwalbe, however, makes some 20"/406 studded tires...

    Anyone interested in trading a 20" wheeled folder for a R&M Birdy?

    Would consider nearly anything, Downtube to Dahon to Xootr, suspension or rigid. I'd be looking for ability to take at least 2" tires, and as much or more gearing spread than the 8sp Birdy -- no lightweight racers, no single or 2spds. I'd be tempted by a 3 5 sp IGH, real tempted by an 8sp IGH. Ride and versatility most important; small fold not the biggest consideration.

    I'd put trade value on the Birdy at $750, which Bruce could confirm is less money than I sent his way for this setup. If you wanted, I would set up the 3x7 shifting, too (I was pro bike mechanic right up until end of this summer, now part time bike mechanic). Birdy alone @ $550, no extra 3x7 wheel. Trades considered at slightly more than this and I will pay the difference, or less than this, buyer pays the difference.

    The Birdy is a fantastic bike, but I'm fickle and want to see what else is out there. Be happy to keep it as I've got alt bike transportation for the winter, non-folders with studded tires. I.e. not looking to sell cheap at lowball price/trade.

    Whatcha got?
    I know next to nothing. I am frequently wrong.

  7. #132
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    00m0m_3pyfqSdaWDd_600x450.jpg

    -- BIKE IS SOLD, BROMPTON ACQUIRED, SEE BELOW PLEASE, THANKS!! --

    I'd love to trade my recent model Bike Friday New World Tourist for a 6-speed Brompton. My ideal Brompton model is an M6R, but I'd take any of the bar configurations, and an L if the price is right. My bike is in Oakland, CA, but I can ship it if necessary. Specs from my CL ad:

    I'm the second owner of this 2-year-old 56cm Bike Friday. The original owner was 5'10". I'm 6' and it fits me fine.

    I bought it from a shop in Oregon a couple of months ago, rode it a bit, and am selling it because I'd like to get a Brompton instead.

    It's black with green lettering. Rear rack is the Bike Friday rack with under-rack bag for tools, etc.

    Front rack is an Old Man Mountain platform, it's awesome. Ortlieb handlebar bag negotiable - I'd want another $75 or so for it.

    Flat bars, Avid brakes, SRAM X5 group, excellent paint job.

    I'm asking $1100 or I'll trade it for a 6-speed Brompton in equivalent shape. Unfortunately, I'm not looking to trade it for any other type of bike - I've got to be pretty picky with my upcoming travel plans.

    Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by movermovermover; 04-10-14 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Sold this bike!

  8. #133
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Brompton Handlebar Swap

    I got a sweet deal on a Brompton S3R locally. I was looking for an M or H bar, but I couldn't pass up this particular deal.

    Now I'm hoping to do a handlebar swap, and hoping that somebody on the internet will see this and be in the exact opposite situation.

    I've got a 2011 S-bar and stem in cherry red, and I'm hoping for a relatively recent M or H stem and bar. I'm not picky at all about color, and hope you aren't either!

    Let me know if you're interested.

  9. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    My Bikes
    '89 Centurion Accordo, '09 Bike Friday New World Tourist
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanted: A Bike Friday folding rear rack

    Willing to trade whatever you need (I have a lot of different parts)

  10. #135
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jur View Post
    I have a Pacific Reach (frame only) for free. You'll be up for postage. I will pack it small so that postage should not be too bad. Postage from Melbourne Australia. You might get an idea of the postage from auspost.com.

    I upgraded Connie's Reach to a new style frame so the older one is up for grabs. The frame includes the fork, seatpost and stem riser. You will need to source 451 wheels, drivetrain, handle bar etc.
    I know it was asked once before, but is this offer still open? I'm trying to build/buy a Dahon Midtown Mini or Pacific Reach for some touring before my next deployment so that it can go with me.

  11. #136
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,247
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CobaltFire View Post
    I know it was asked once before, but is this offer still open? I'm trying to build/buy a Dahon Midtown Mini or Pacific Reach for some touring before my next deployment so that it can go with me.
    Sorry, taken. I'll update that post.

  12. #137
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jur View Post
    Sorry, taken. I'll update that post.
    I figured it was, and felt kind of guilty even for asking seeing as I'm new here. May the new owner get much joy from it!

  13. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi do you still have the birdy for sale? I can't pm since I am new here
    Quote Originally Posted by mconlonx View Post
    Considering a trade...

    I bought this awesome 8sp Birdy from Bruce Metras out in CA. A bit later, I followed up and bought a rear Sachs 3x7 wheel and shifter he offered up when I whinged about the gear range. I haven't installed it yet, still running the bike as stock, 8sp.





    Only issues are non-stock, non-folding pedals (not the ones pictured), and a few more scrapes and scratches than Bruce might remember. I've used this as a commuter for a few months and it has impacted the paint a bit. I love the bike -- noodle around a bit on the folder forum and you'll find me waxing enthusiastic about it. In a nutshell: a lot more bike than I bargained for.

    Just about perfect for me except... it's winter in New England and no one makes 18" studded tires that I can find. Schwalbe, however, makes some 20"/406 studded tires...

    Anyone interested in trading a 20" wheeled folder for a R&M Birdy?

    Would consider nearly anything, Downtube to Dahon to Xootr, suspension or rigid. I'd be looking for ability to take at least 2" tires, and as much or more gearing spread than the 8sp Birdy -- no lightweight racers, no single or 2spds. I'd be tempted by a 3 5 sp IGH, real tempted by an 8sp IGH. Ride and versatility most important; small fold not the biggest consideration.

    I'd put trade value on the Birdy at $750, which Bruce could confirm is less money than I sent his way for this setup. If you wanted, I would set up the 3x7 shifting, too (I was pro bike mechanic right up until end of this summer, now part time bike mechanic). Birdy alone @ $550, no extra 3x7 wheel. Trades considered at slightly more than this and I will pay the difference, or less than this, buyer pays the difference.

    The Birdy is a fantastic bike, but I'm fickle and want to see what else is out there. Be happy to keep it as I've got alt bike transportation for the winter, non-folders with studded tires. I.e. not looking to sell cheap at lowball price/trade.

    Whatcha got?

  14. #139
    Bromptonaut 14R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central Florida - USA
    My Bikes
    2012 Brompton S6R; 2003 Litespeed Firenze; 1994 Diamond BAck Axis TT
    Posts
    1,654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can help with the handlebar, I have an extra M available. It is a begining I guess. Make an offer.

    Quote Originally Posted by movermovermover View Post
    I got a sweet deal on a Brompton S3R locally. I was looking for an M or H bar, but I couldn't pass up this particular deal.

    Now I'm hoping to do a handlebar swap, and hoping that somebody on the internet will see this and be in the exact opposite situation.

    I've got a 2011 S-bar and stem in cherry red, and I'm hoping for a relatively recent M or H stem and bar. I'm not picky at all about color, and hope you aren't either!

    Let me know if you're interested.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •