Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New Puma Folder!?

    Check it!

    Puma Biomega UM Bicycle
    http://www.puma.com/bike/

  2. #2
    Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc LittlePixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London UK
    My Bikes
    1982 Raleigh Twenty Hotrod Fixie; 1984 Peugeot Premier Fixie, 2007 Merc Lightweight folder
    Posts
    1,955
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bike comes up quite often on this forum; people's reactions are usually pretty luke-warm because of it's weird cable-lock thing and general lack of a support network, or upgradable / standard sized replacement parts. It's a shame because it looks quite cool. I'd say you should take a look at the Airnimal Black Rhino for the ultimate in full-on urban folding bikes...

  3. #3
    Professional Fuss-Budget Bacciagalupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,275
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely not-new, heavy, proprietary.... Someone else makes it, Puma just re-brands it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePixel
    This bike comes up quite often on this forum; people's reactions are usually pretty luke-warm because of it's weird cable-lock thing and general lack of a support network, or upgradable / standard sized replacement parts. It's a shame because it looks quite cool. I'd say you should take a look at the Airnimal Black Rhino for the ultimate in full-on urban folding bikes...
    HOLY COW!

    That bike cost about as much as a new motorcycle in American dollars!

  5. #5
    Senior Member randya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    in bed with your mom
    My Bikes
    who cares?
    Posts
    13,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you priced a new motorcycle lately?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a look at the bike in the local PUMA store. It is kind of cool, but it is quite heavy and the folability is poor. They take 750 Euro for it, which is not completely unreasonable, but if it would cost something like 500Euro they would even occasionally sell one... If you want to customize this thing, you will not have too much possibilities.
    And on closer look the frame is a mess with its weld seams but it feels stiff and it rides well.

  7. #7
    Professional Fuss-Budget Bacciagalupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,275
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honda Rebel's MSRP is $3600 USD, Rhino is $2400. A new scooter is $1900 and up. I'm pretty sure that with the Rohloff, the Rhino would be $3000 or more.

    But hey, you can spend $15,000 on a BMC Time Machine road bike if you really wanted. Kinda makes the Rhino look like a bargain, don'tcha think?

  8. #8
    Seņor Mambo
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    My Bikes
    Bike Friday, Bridgestone MB-6 700c, Ti-frame Xtracycle, RANS, Brompton, Dahon, Downtube IXFS, ex-Birdy & a recumbent pedicab.
    Posts
    1,343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe
    Kinda makes the Rhino look like a bargain, don'tcha think?
    Not with the Dahon Matrix or Cadenza around.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe
    Honda Rebel's MSRP is $3600 USD, Rhino is $2400. A new scooter is $1900 and up. I'm pretty sure that with the Rohloff, the Rhino would be $3000 or more.

    But hey, you can spend $15,000 on a BMC Time Machine road bike if you really wanted. Kinda makes the Rhino look like a bargain, don'tcha think?
    The Rhino is $2299 British Pound Sterling or $4,516.91! USD!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •