Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Folding Bikes (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/)
-   -   Best of Craigslist (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/277091-best-craigslist.html)

Diode100 09-24-07 02:38 AM

Looks like a nicely made single speeder here:-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRIDGESTONE-TR...QQcmdZViewItem

SesameCrunch 09-24-07 07:11 AM

Bike Friday Tikit for sale:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/429726355.html

Dynocoaster 09-24-07 10:10 AM

Bridgestone folder? In Vancouver BC
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/bik/429990232.html

jnb-rare 09-24-07 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynocoaster (Post 5322950)
Bridgestone folder? In Vancouver BC
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/bik/429990232.html

"One Touch Picnica by Bridgestone Folding Bike. Was used as a track bike for races. In great shape."

Hmmm. That doesn't look like any track bike I've ever seen. :D

rhm 09-24-07 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnb-rare (Post 5323479)
"One Touch Picnica by Bridgestone Folding Bike. Was used as a track bike for races. In great shape."

Hmmm. That doesn't look like any track bike I've ever seen. :D

No, but it's interesting, eh?

LittlePixel 09-24-07 02:24 PM

That 'track bike' line has to be someone with a deep rooted masochism or a deep rooted sense of irony.
Maybe he was racing six year olds? :)

jnb-rare 09-24-07 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePixel (Post 5324687)
That 'track bike' line has to be someone with a deep rooted masochism or a deep rooted sense of irony.
Maybe he was racing six year olds? :)

I presume the seller means it was used by someone to toodle around at a race track (auto, horse, whatever), but who knows?

I've seen pictures of auto race-team members using mini motor-bikes. Perhaps this was a lower budget race team.

invisiblehand 09-24-07 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SesameCrunch (Post 5321927)

Why would anyone sell one for $1000 when they have been sold out for months? It almost sounds like it was stolen.

cosmodc 09-25-07 04:20 PM

A barely ridden 9-speed Downtube in DC:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...428142748.html

juggleandhope 09-28-07 03:18 PM

2 Peugot's
 
2 peugot's $250 for both
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/434627616.html

chanchan 09-29-07 06:22 AM

2 Dahon Speed
 
Same seller.

A complete Dahon Speed

A Dahon Speed frameset

Diode100 10-04-07 03:32 AM

What looks like an earlish Strida here, red tubes & white wall tyres, be quick its closing today, cheap at the moment too:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Strida-Lightwe...QQcmdZViewItem

Diode100 10-04-07 03:38 AM

And here's another Strida.... one of the original all black models, standing at 99p with a couple of days to go :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Strida-Folding...QQcmdZViewItem

cosmodc 10-04-07 11:41 AM

A Dahon Helios in Annapolis:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...439937229.html

Diode100 10-05-07 03:42 AM

First Dahon Curve D3 to hit the secondhand market in the UK ? It had to be a white one of course, where did all the red ones get shipped to ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAHON-CURVE-D3...QQcmdZViewItem

chanchan 10-13-07 04:27 PM

Dahon speed
 
Customized Dahon Speed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290170450960

Diode100 10-15-07 06:05 AM

Well, here's a disgruntled Strida owner, who whilst giving his own appraisal of the bike, seems to be doing his best to ensure that it doesn't sell !!!

Are punctures really a problem with Stridas

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Strida-3-A-not...QQcmdZViewItem

Lalato 10-19-07 08:34 AM

Brompton M6R Plus on eBay...

Looks like the person posting it chose the word collapsible instead of folding so doing a generic search for folding bike would not have brought this up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Brompton-M6...QQcmdZViewItem

Kabir 10-19-07 09:12 AM

Quite a few questions asked and answered, not a single bid. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalato (Post 5483662)
Brompton M6R Plus on eBay...

Looks like the person posting it chose the word collapsible instead of folding so doing a generic search for folding bike would not have brought this up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Brompton-M6...QQcmdZViewItem


photoassign 10-19-07 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabir (Post 5483898)
Quite a few questions asked and answered, not a single bid. :)

ugh, the starting bid is way too high for a used bike. they should have started at $20, that would most definitely set off a bidding frenzy and ended up at $800+ within a couple of days..

Lalato 10-19-07 02:16 PM

Even though I'm currently the high bidder on this, I'll go ahead and post this too...

A Swift Frame with wheels and seat...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xootr-Swift-Fold...QQcmdZViewItem

I list it here, because I'm sure my high bid will be overtaken soon, and I don't plan on pursuing it beyond that. :)

--sam

Lalato 10-20-07 07:39 PM

Dahon Speed Frameset...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dahon-Speed-fold...QQcmdZViewItem

photoassign 10-20-07 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalato (Post 5486127)
A Swift Frame with wheels and seat...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xootr-Swift-Fold...QQcmdZViewItem

--sam

wow, the shipping kind of kills the deal.

photoassign 10-20-07 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photoassign (Post 5484582)
ugh, the starting bid is way too high for a used bike. they should have started at $20, that would most definitely set off a bidding frenzy and ended up at $800+ within a couple of days..


nice, this one is actually up to over a grand. guess i was wrong about brompton fanatics..

Lalato 10-20-07 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photoassign (Post 5492481)
wow, shipping cost kind of kills the deal.

When the shipping cost is high, this is the formula I use...

Shipping Cost - Real Shipping Cost = Shipping Overage

Actual Bid = Max Bid - Shipping Overage

That said, I agree that the shipping is fairly silly on this item.
--sam


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 PM.