I am taking the plunge and going for the Swift, partly as my partner has decided that to get a Curve SL, which is a real bonus.
What I'd like to try and achieve is as smooth a ride as a Birdy without compromising on speed and without spending Birdy money
Here's a quick summary of requirements.
I've discounted an upgrade to a 8-speed hub as it adds 50% to the overall coast. However, if it is an uber upgrade I would consider it.
- Mudguards (fenders) - proper ones rather than Flinger-style
- A good system for carrying a bag or briefcase. Something like the Brompton S-bag would be great.
- Tyres - Schwalbe Marathon have been suggested instead of Big Apples - any comments?
- Ergon Grips come highly recommended
- Carbon handle bars to give a smoother ride?
- Unfortunately the ThudBuster is difficult to source by UK dealers so may unfortunately have to ignore that option (thanks to Jur for the idea)