OK, so let's talk about Bike Fridays for a moment....
As some of you know, I've used both a low-end Dahon and an aluminum Swift for touring. I am becoming less and less enamored with the alloy Swift for that particular task. It's very solid and adaptable, but harsh and a PITA to pack.
I probably fly with my bike once a year, maybe twice. Other than that, I do not use the fold for anything else.
I'm considering three options:
• ye olde Bike Friday
• a separatable touring bike
• a full touring bike, and just pay the occasional airline fee
So, can anyone fill me in on the following?
- How easy is it to pack a BF compared to other folding bikes and/or separatables?
- How comfortable is the NWT, compared to a 26" / 700c touring bike?
- How well does a NWT handle when loaded, compared to something like a Surly LHT, Trek 520 etc?