I am going to buy a downtube bike - either the 8H or 9 Speed with front shock which I plan to use for loaded touring.
1. What rack will fit on the front? Maybe an Old Man Mountain (Which model)?
2. Is the stock rear rack good enough or do I need to plan on replacing it? If replace
with which rack?
3. Planning on using JANDD Mini-Mountain's which are expandable as I already have 2 of them,
any suggestions on other panniers?
4. What about large handlebar bags, suggestions?
5. Anyone know what the gears in the 8H are equivalent to in a cassette?
You can just putz around with Sheldon Brown's gear calculator to determine the gearing on the two bikes.
I can't figure out the gear inches because I do not know what the specs of the
Sturmey Archer are..... and that's what I need to know.....
Any help on the other questions? :eek:
Follow the link to the Sheldon Brown site previously provided, that brings you to a gearing calculator.
Thanks so I now have the info on the gears.... anyone have help on the other questions?
This might help alittle....
My NS9 has and 80", 9th gear. The first is so ridiculously low, I didnt even measure it.
I ride mine to and from work everyday and the pack, tools and battery unit add about
15lbs to the stock rack. Some of the roads here dont really qualify as beat up but
the NS model rides a little harsh. despite harsh ride and medium weight the back
rack on mine is holding up fine. You might want fuller fenders to keep muck off the
back stuff. The 3/4 one do Ok, but thats all.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 AM.|