Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-07, 08:20 PM   #1
Marrock
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Marrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 1,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lespo Soltar

Picked up this one this morning to replace a stolen ride and also just because I wanted a folder.

I know I have some work ahead of me with it but that's half the fun, no?
Marrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 09:05 PM   #2
stevegor
Senior Member
 
stevegor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oz
Bikes: lots... even a Raleigh twenty !!!
Posts: 2,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Marrock,

Not bad for a first folder, and it could mod up as a useful run-about, you don't have to spend mega bucks to have fun.
I hope the ride that was stolen wasn't your new bike.
stevegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 09:10 PM   #3
Marrock
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Marrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 1,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegor View Post
Marrock,

Not bad for a first folder, and it could mod up as a useful run-about, you don't have to spend mega bucks to have fun.
I hope the ride that was stolen wasn't your new bike.
No, it was the gf's kid's old Huffy Tundra, was given to me by a shop owner next door that got a cannondale for xmas year before last, got nicked from right the front door here...

I'm still looking for the asshat.

By the way, I'm open to parts donations to help make it a useful run-about, got any internally geared hubs laying around you can spare?
Marrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 09:35 PM   #4
stevegor
Senior Member
 
stevegor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oz
Bikes: lots... even a Raleigh twenty !!!
Posts: 2,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 36 hole NOS Suntour 3 spd, which was made under licence to Sturmey Archer, but seeing you live in NJ and I live in Australia the post costs would be prohibitive.
stevegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 10:02 PM   #5
Marrock
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Marrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 1,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegor View Post
I have a 36 hole NOS Suntour 3 spd, which was made under licence to Sturmey Archer, but seeing you live in NJ and I live in Australia the post costs would be prohibitive.
The wheel on it now is 28 spoke, either way I'd have to track down something to lace it into.
Marrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 05:26 AM   #6
stevegor
Senior Member
 
stevegor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oz
Bikes: lots... even a Raleigh twenty !!!
Posts: 2,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrock View Post
The wheel on it now is 28 spoke, either way I'd have to track down something to lace it into.
Marrock,

I just checked out the 2 original R20 451mm rear wheels we've got, both have SA 3spd 28 hole hubs.......now if you lived near by I would GIVE you the hub, cable and shifter for free...but alas..the tyranny of distance.
stevegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 09:22 AM   #7
Marrock
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Marrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 1,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegor View Post
Marrock,

I just checked out the 2 original R20 451mm rear wheels we've got, both have SA 3spd 28 hole hubs.......now if you lived near by I would GIVE you the hub, cable and shifter for free...but alas..the tyranny of distance.
Well... can you find out how much shipping might cost and I'll see what I can do from this end, I'm willing to bet it'll still come out to less than what it'd go for new.
Marrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 11:48 AM   #8
stevegor
Senior Member
 
stevegor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oz
Bikes: lots... even a Raleigh twenty !!!
Posts: 2,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leave it with me, I'll let you know soon.
stevegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:56 PM.