So here is the deal. I have a short commute to work and I really want a folder to stash in my office, to take with me on business trips (I love the idea of the Dahon hard airport case) and to take down to my grandfather's in FL to ride with him (which requires an airplane ride). I have been looking at Dahon, BikeFriday and Brompton. I have also been riding single speed and fixed gear bikes for the past year now. So I would like to convert or buy one in a single speed configuration. I am also right at 200 lbs so it has to hold up to my weight. I want something fast and light, I can't stand slow bikes.
- single speed or conversion a possibility
- heavy duty for my heavy duty weight
- aluminum, cuz I don't want to deal with rusting since it will be a commuter/in the rain some
- easy to fold
- will fit a hard case that can be taken on a plane without extra charges
- the ability to use panniers, so a back and/or front rack
Thanks in advance guys and gals!