Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    need to find a rare foldable bike

    i have had a blue foldable pheonix bike parked in the Maastricht train station in holland for about four years now. most likely has since been taken and loved by someone who can break a lock. I miss her.

    PLEASE....let me know if anyone can help me find/purchase one again.

    it was developed by a company in china called phoenix. their website is isn't that reliable....can't find on anywhere.....the model # is SPF963.

    their website is:
    http://www.phoenix-bicycle.com/

    PLEASE....if you help me i'll send you pictures of my happiness or cookies or something i don't know....but i'll be the happiest man on earth. thanks all.

  2. #2
    eight spokes somnatash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ruhr district, Germany
    My Bikes
    merc, brompton, roadster, cheap every day bike
    Posts
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a pic of the chick?
    Did you talk to the company - what did they say?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    My Bikes
    Gazelle Medeo, Batavus Nova Versa, and a folder with "Dunlop" on it.
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you report the theft to the police? If not, you can probably do this online.
    Did you perhaps post images of the bike somewhere? A bike this special can't be that hard to find.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ahhhh she's so beeeeeautiful.

    http://www.nordicgroup.us/fold/spf964.jpg

    there she is....it's the spf963 version...not the 964.

    she wasn't actually stolen to the best of my knowledge. I parked her in holland to go see a friend for a week in england....i ended up staying there for 2 and a half months then to spain....so most likely she got taken ...which is ok....i'm not using her.....i hope a kid is happy with her...i should've given the keys to a kid but i thought i was comin back for her. anyway....no reporting needed. but i WOULD like to find a sister of hers or something.

    as far as contacting the company....i THINK it might be discontinued. which will NOT stop my quest. the website is PAINFULLY slow.....like the good old modem days. i have a purpose, fellow bike friends. i will find her again.
    Last edited by Augmedia; 05-07-08 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling

  5. #5
    Bicycling Gnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    55.0N 1.59W
    Posts
    1,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Augmedia View Post
    http://www.nordicgroup.us/fold/spf964.jpg

    there she is....it's the spf963 version...not the 964.

    she wasn't actually stolen to the best of my knowledge. I parked her in holland to go see a friend for a week in england....i ended up staying there for 2 and a half months then to spain....so most likely she got taken ...which is ok....i'm not using her.....i hope a kid is happy with her...i should've given the keys to a kid but i thought i was comin back for her. anyway....no reporting needed. but i WOULD like to find a sister of hers or something.

    as far as contacting the company....i THINK it might be discontinued. which will NOT stop my quest. the website is PAINFULLY slow.....like the good old modem days. i have a purpose, fellow bike friends. i will find her again.
    Try posting to 'Want it Now' on ebay.

    If you do a search for Phoenix + spf963 on ebay.co.uk, it will come up with a not found message.

    Underneath that there will be the option to post a 'Want it Now' message and when you sign in it will allow you to describe what you want. Maybe there are half a dozen owners of unused bikes just wondering if anyone would want them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    My Bikes
    Too many....................
    Posts
    3,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    My Bikes
    Too many....................
    Posts
    3,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    My Bikes
    Gazelle Medeo, Batavus Nova Versa, and a folder with "Dunlop" on it.
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, where did you put the bike? In front of the railway station, or did you deposit it at the bike garage next to the railway station? I go to Maastricht every workday, so it's no problem to check if the bike is still there. If I understand you correctly, you more or less never went back to Maastricht?

    Also, if the police somehow found the bike, they keep it in store for some time before selling the bikes. If they don't have a report with serial no. etc, there's nothing they can do. You can file a report on-line. I'm willing to do this for you, but then I'd need your contact details. Feel free to drop me a PM.

    Lex.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Dura View Post
    Well, where did you put the bike? In front of the railway station, or did you deposit it at the bike garage next to the railway station? I go to Maastricht every workday, so it's no problem to check if the bike is still there. If I understand you correctly, you more or less never went back to Maastricht?

    Also, if the police somehow found the bike, they keep it in store for some time before selling the bikes. If they don't have a report with serial no. etc, there's nothing they can do. You can file a report on-line. I'm willing to do this for you, but then I'd need your contact details. Feel free to drop me a PM.

    Lex.
    My god........this is fate. For one...all you people are great....helping a stranger and whatnot. This is a special forum i must say....so thank you. next...those links to craiglist are WONDERFUL! Thank you dyno....i might get both hahahahaaaa....i'll keep you posted on that front. However, a reunion would bring me endless joys. Lex.....i put it RIGHT on the bike rack in the front of the station. I looks like the links above where you kind people have posted craigslist similars. It's baby blue and has only a wheel lock...not a chain. if you by any chance have a digital camera or something and by any chance take a picture of the area i can point you to where i parked it............lex? if you be my wings i will be FOREVER grateful. Thank you everyone....i have faith in the compassion and help of strangers once again. hehehe.....you people are wonderful.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    My Bikes
    Gazelle Medeo, Batavus Nova Versa, and a folder with "Dunlop" on it.
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so you did not deposit the bike at the bike shop there. I know which bike stand you mean, it's a bit to the left of the main entrance, right? Or the one closer to the bus station? Perhaps I can have a look tomorrow morning, and snap an image with my phone.

    When was it that you left the bike there? If it was long ago, chances are it might have been stolen already. And if you put only a wheel lock on it, you're kinda asking for it in the Netherlands...bicycle theft is about as popular there as baseball in the US

    If I don't find it, I can still report it to the police, maybe they removed it. They sometimes clear out the old bikes, keep them in storage for a while and if nobody reclaims the bike, they get sold, mostly as scrap metal.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no no no....no reporting necessary....if someone did take it....i hope they're having the time of their lives on it. it was wonderul to me....i hope the bike treats them well. this was at least 4 years ago....so it was most likely taken....but it's worth a shot....you've seen the pic of it....it's blue....and yes....on the bike rack to the left of the entrance. it's amazing that i have someone like you to complete some covert missions. don't spend too much time looking for me...it's probably a lost cause...but who knows. i THINK it might be towards the back left of the rack.

    thanks...you're great...- j

    p.s. i miss maastricht very....very much.

  12. #12
    Bicycling Gnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    55.0N 1.59W
    Posts
    1,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOl - I'm looking forward to the next installment of this soap opera.

    "Next week - will Lex Dura find Augmedia's bike, or is it lost forever? Tune in next week folks and find out."

    Closing titles.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    My Bikes
    Gazelle Medeo, Batavus Nova Versa, and a folder with "Dunlop" on it.
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, here's possibly the last posting in this topic. Re-reading the first post, I realized that Augmedia said that he left his bike there four years ago. Chances of finding a bike after such a long time are terribly small, especially with an expensive-looking folding bike that has STEAL ME written all over it. I was very busy at work so it took a few days before I could check out the bike stand. Yesterday I finally did so, but did not find a baby-blue folding bike there.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Dura View Post
    Well, here's possibly the last posting in this topic. Re-reading the first post, I realized that Augmedia said that he left his bike there four years ago. Chances of finding a bike after such a
    Sounds like it was a stolen bike originally.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And so this saga comes to an end...too bad. I appreciate your help with this Lex. And thanks to Dynocoaster, I might have a path to follow with those links....how the hell are you people so damn good? The bike MIGHT'VE been stolen but not by me. I bought it off of a kid who needed 11.75 for a train out of town. I brought that bike everywhere for 2 months in holland....north south east and west. thanks guys....i'll post up here if/when i get my baby again.....it will be soon....

    until then...thank you with all of me. times like this you can't help but have faith for the kindness of strangers in the community that is the net of inter.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and if I remember my time in the Netherlands, that means that bike was definitely stolen and I would have been amazed if that 11.75 was spent on a train fare!

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mroli View Post
    and if I remember my time in the Netherlands, that means that bike was definitely stolen and I would have been amazed if that 11.75 was spent on a train fare!
    maybe i'm a little too trusting. If people wanna use it for something else, that's their deal...hell, we give money to out government and they murder, plunder, and pillage......is it any better? sorry.....off topic.....this is about bikes not politics...i gotta remember that. i just know i spent 11.75 on the most beautiful bike EVER MADE. hehehe.

  18. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I am replying to a very old thread, but does anyone have any idea what one of thes Phoenix folding bikes is worth. I have a vintage one, probably from the 80's/90's brand new in the box.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •