Just picked up these 2 bikes for me and the wife, Mini for me and Mu for her.
We took the bikes in for a tune up per the instructions and been riding 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks. We're casual riders, I'm 5.8, 175 and she's about 5.5, 120.
I have been in love the ride and feel of the mini, but the wife is not so hot with the Mu. We did a switch last weekend for a while and her thoughts is that the Mini is a "much more comfortable" ride. Now my question for the experts on this board is why she feels this is the case. A couple of things comes to mind:
1) The mini has rear suspension while Mu does not.
2) Stock seat is wider on the mini (she prefers an upright riding position)
3) Tires are fatter on the mini, thus acts as extra suspension.
With these factors in mind, without spending a fortune in upgrading. Maybe we can,
1) upgrade her tires to something fatter (any suggestions)
2) get a wider seat for her (any suggestions)
I know a lot of this is subjective but would appreciate any thoughts or feedbacks.
Or maybe the grass is greener on the other side, in that case, I'm SOL