Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Folding Bikes (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/)
-   -   Friends, I just wanted to show you my latest.... (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/465746-friends-i-just-wanted-show-you-my-latest.html)

rhm 09-15-08 07:50 AM

Friends, I just wanted to show you my latest....
 
SesameCrunch already has one, Sammyboy knows he wants one, and once the rest of you see what you're missing, you'll want one too. Furthermore, it has a 20" (front) wheel, and the boom on the front can fold back to reduce the length of the bicycle by up to 16" or so, so this must be the right forum to post a photo, right? Oh, and the wheelbase is so much longer than my Downtube Mini's that it's not even funny.
So, without further ado, here's my new (to me) 1984 model Counterpoint Opus II.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/...d5c7ba.jpg?v=0

invisiblehand 09-15-08 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhm (Post 7471360)
Sesamecrunch already has one, Sammyboy knows he wants one, and once the rest of you see what you're missing, you'll want one too. Furthermore, it has a 20" (front) wheel, and the boom on the front can fold back to reduce the length of the bicycle by up to 16" or so, so this must be the right forum to post a photo, right? Oh, and the wheelbase is so much longer than my Downtube Mini's that it's not even funny.
So, without further ado, here's my new (to me) 1984 model Counterpoint Opus II.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/...d5c7ba.jpg?v=0

Nice bike RHM.

SesameCrunch 09-15-08 11:48 AM

:beer::beer::beer:

Congratulations!!!! Have fun on that bike! :thumb:

somnatash 09-15-08 12:11 PM

I wanna sit front :recum:

vincentnyc 09-15-08 12:26 PM

how u gonna turn the bike if someone sit in the front and weight 300 lbs?

datako 09-15-08 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentnyc (Post 7473439)
how u gonna turn the bike if someone sit in the front and weight 300 lbs?

He won't need to - he's got a human airbag :)

Sammyboy 09-15-08 05:09 PM

Oh yes. I am blimmin DESPERATE for one.

jur 09-15-08 06:40 PM

I have also wanted one but can probably forget about getting one over here.

rhm 09-16-08 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammyboy (Post 7475478)
Oh yes. I am blimmin DESPERATE for one.

Well, maybe Velo Chocolate could import a Taiwanese version...http://www.performer.com.tw/performe...amily-frp1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by jur (Post 7476112)
I have also wanted one but can probably forget about getting one over here.

But again, getting one from Taiwan might not be quite so bad.

Can't say whether it's as sturdy as the Counterpoint, of course. I'm pretty impressed with the build quality of the Counterpoint; nicely made frame, Phil hubs, and so on.

SesameCrunch 09-16-08 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somnatash (Post 7473309)
I wanna sit front :recum:

your wish is my command ...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...nch/Slide1.jpg

:roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

vincentnyc 09-16-08 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SesameCrunch (Post 7479203)
your wish is my command ...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...nch/Slide1.jpg

:roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

u forgot to turn on ur lights!!! it is foggy!! look like a recipe for a disaster!

rhm 09-16-08 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sesamecrunch (Post 7479203)
:roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

+1

msincredible 09-16-08 09:01 AM

Great photoshop Alan! :roflmao: :roflmao:

invisiblehand 09-16-08 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhm (Post 7479122)
Well, maybe Velo Chocolate could import a Taiwanese version...http://www.performer.com.tw/performe...amily-frp1.jpg


But again, getting one from Taiwan might not be quite so bad.

Can't say whether it's as sturdy as the Counterpoint, of course. I'm pretty impressed with the build quality of the Counterpoint; nicely made frame, Phil hubs, and so on.

I looked at those ... unfortunately, they only come in one size and they have those funky handlebars. But the guy that imports them to the states is in Philly and his prices was reasonable.

invisiblehand 09-16-08 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentnyc (Post 7479222)
u forgot to turn on ur lights!!! it is foggy!! look like a recipe for a disaster!

This is the US ... she would get yelled at for not wearing a helmet.

somnatash 09-16-08 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SesameCrunch (Post 7479203)
your wish is my command ...

Alan, I fell off stool :roflmao2:
now travelling like that: :injured:
thx

SesameCrunch 09-16-08 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somnatash (Post 7480292)
Alan, I fell off stool :roflmao2:
now travelling like that: :injured:
thx

;););)

SesameCrunch 09-16-08 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msincredible (Post 7479615)
Great photoshop Alan! :roflmao: :roflmao:

You recognize the photo, no doubt...:)

SesameCrunch 09-16-08 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invisiblehand (Post 7480190)
I looked at those ... unfortunately, they only come in one size and they have those funky handlebars. But the guy that imports them to the states is in Philly and his prices was reasonable.

What's his asking price?

LittlePixel 09-16-08 02:50 PM

Yay - There should be more headswap™ Potatoshops in Bikeforums!

msincredible 09-16-08 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SesameCrunch (Post 7482440)
You recognize the photo, no doubt...:)

Yeah, the knobbly knees gave it away. :p

mulleady 09-16-08 06:16 PM

rofl hilarious

Sesame you naughty boy! :P

rhm 09-17-08 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SesameCrunch (Post 7482453)
Quote:

Originally Posted by invisiblehand (Post 7480190)
I looked at those ... unfortunately, they only come in one size and they have those funky handlebars. But the guy that imports them to the states is in Philly and his prices was reasonable.

What's his asking price?

He told me "under $1800" including shipping. Reasonable, if you consider that a Hase Pino starts around $5K and a Bilenky is more still.

One size only doesn't bother me; pop a nice long seat post in there and you'll be fine. I know, on any other forum I'd get flamed for saying that-- but this is the folding forum, where that's perfectly normal.

The funky handlebar doesn't bother me either. I agree it's kinda ugly (okay, it's really ugly), but this design puts the two riders closer together and still lets you steer without hitting the front seat. Thus better communication between riders, shorter wheelbase, and a potentially stiffer and/or lighter bike.

That said, I'm happy with the Counterpoint for several reasons. I just love classic 80's touring bikes, and that's what this is. Also, it's so well made, really great workmanship. And it has some great innovations, such as giving the stoker his/her own derailleur so the two riders don't have to be in the same cadence, which has several advantages. And finally there's the luggage capacity... which I haven't fully tested out yet, but it looks pretty vast.

stevegor 09-17-08 02:58 PM

I get enough stick for riding my R20 in regional Victoria.....I'd get beat up real bad if I rode that thing around here. ;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:47 AM.