Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
  1. #26
    I Fold bykerouac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd get this if you can swing the moolah - http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/bik/844509483.html Maybe you can talk down the price a bit.

  2. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bykerouac View Post
    I'd get this if you can swing the moolah - http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/bik/844509483.html Maybe you can talk down the price a bit.
    yes i already talk to him about it..he won't budge on the price and i'm not paying that price.

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
    but the stowaway got 3 speed and the boardwalk doesn't!!!! so what now? which one should i choose?????????????????
    can someone answer this question ^^^^^.

  4. #29
    Senior Member Speedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston Area
    My Bikes
    Univega Gran Turismo, Guerciotti, Bridgestone MB2, Bike Friday New World Tourist, Serotta Ti
    Posts
    1,998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
    can someone answer this question ^^^^^.
    I think only you can. Ride both, see how they feel.

    How hilly are your standard rides? Do the gears make up for the extra weight?

    How much time in a typical outing will you spend lugging the bike rather than riding it? While carrying the bike the gears won't help a bit, and you'll feel every pound of that extra weight.

    Speedo

  5. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is only 1 hill on my way to work and for ppl that lives in mahattan and bike around central park...they know there are a couple of hill in central parks. i won't be carry to much until i get to my building but then there are elavators in my building.

    what should i choose???????????????????????????????????????????????
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 09-19-08 at 09:48 AM.

  6. #31
    hsj
    hsj is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stowaway 3-sp

    Pros:
    - Adjustable handlebar (not available on the boardwalk)
    - 3-sp
    - Comes with a storage bag
    - A bit cheaper than a new boardwalk

    Cons:
    - 11 years old
    - heavier than the Boardway
    - Used
    - It's old and probably bulkier than the boardwalk?

    I'll say if you don't care about the 3-sp, get the boardwalk, otherwise see if you get the seller to lower the price a bit. Don't forget the stowaway comes with a bag, which maybe worth $20-$25? It's another story if you don't care about the bag.

  7. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hsj View Post
    Stowaway 3-sp

    Pros:
    - Adjustable handlebar (not available on the boardwalk)
    - 3-sp
    - Comes with a storage bag
    - A bit cheaper than a new boardwalk

    Cons:
    - 11 years old
    - heavier than the Boardway
    - Used
    - It's old and probably bulkier than the boardwalk?

    I'll say if you don't care about the 3-sp, get the boardwalk, otherwise see if you get the seller to lower the price a bit. Don't forget the stowaway comes with a bag, which maybe worth $20-$25? It's another story if you don't care about the bag.
    i think the adjustable handlebar height is a big plus for me...if i can get the seller to lower the price..then it is a go!!!! forget about the curve...stowaway...here i come!!!! there is a rack on the stowaway...i dont see any bungee cords..how much does the bungee cords cost? and when the stowaway is folded..what is keeping together..any magnet or clip?

  8. #33
    hsj
    hsj is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed that he says he has 2 stowaway??

  9. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    310
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A con for me on these classic dahons are the steel rims
    and crankset. I think the crankset is steel, not sure.
    I do love the looks, a guy in my office building rides one every day.
    __________________________________________________
    One Chinese Bicycle
    One China

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusBTkirk View Post
    A con for me on these classic dahons are the steel rims
    and crankset. I think the crankset is steel, not sure.
    I do love the looks, a guy in my office building rides one every day.
    why is it a con that the rim and crankset are steel? what does the now a day dahon 20" bike crankset and rim are made out of? and the guy in your office building that ride the stowaway..does he lock it up outside or he takes it inside his building with him?

  11. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the Dahon dream on ebay would be a good curve replacement --- I just ordered one for precisely that reason. It is 6 speed, $320, item # 320301068444.

    Though PB's website says that the red D3s are in as of 9/15. I found one for 480 on safetycycle.

  12. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    310
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cons is because steel is heavy, steel rims also don't brake as well in wet weather.
    steel wheels also are harder to true, I wouldn't mess around with that.
    I think the New Dahon boardwalk has alloy rims and alloy crankset. (because I wanted to get one)
    their hubs may be steel but I don't think so.
    I worked in a small office building, 14 stories, mainly non-profits, the building rules
    are much more lax than a giant corporate building with x-rays and such.
    he just rolled it in and rolled it out. (lighting a cig on his way out the door)
    __________________________________________________
    One Chinese Bicycle
    One China

  13. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bike617 View Post
    Maybe the Dahon dream on ebay would be a good curve replacement --- I just ordered one for precisely that reason. It is 6 speed, $320, item # 320301068444.

    Though PB's website says that the red D3s are in as of 9/15. I found one for 480 on safetycycle.
    u order the dahon dream? is this bike for real? i went to dahon website and it doesn't list this bike for 2008, 2007, 2006, or 2005 builds. u sure this is not a cheap clone or knockoff? u can get a cheap dahon 7 speed with that price and the dream got some fugly color!!!
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 09-19-08 at 12:20 PM.

  14. #39
    Senior Member old_school_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The foothills of California
    My Bikes
    2008 Vitesse D7HG, 2007 Curve D3
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a couple of places in NY that stock the 2007 Curve D3 for about 350. I got one, and am enjoying the little bike immensely.
    Suitcase packing a Curve, a Dahon 20-inch, a Downtube, a Bike Friday

  15. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
    u order the dahon dream? is this bike for real? i went to dahon website and it doesn't list this bike for 2008, 2007, 2006, or 2005 builds. u sure this is not a cheap clone or knockoff? u can get a cheap dahon 7 speed with that price and the dream got some fugly color!!!
    Yes, it's made for the Asian market. It's listed more commonly as DAHON HT660. See here:
    http://www.dahon.com.cn/menu.htm
    though the link to HT660 doesn't work.

    Here are some pictures:
    http://www30.discuss.com.hk/redirect...5&goto=newpost
    http://www30.discuss.com.hk/redirect...oto=nextnewset

    I ordered the white.

    If I were shopping for a 20", I would have had plenty of choices, including a $350 Mariner which I enjoyed riding. I listed those in another thread "Kents, again". Unfortunately 20" is too big for me to carry. I'm only 62" tall myself. If it were a car folder, I would have definitely considered the Mariner.

  16. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by old_school_dave View Post
    There's a couple of places in NY that stock the 2007 Curve D3 for about 350. I got one, and am enjoying the little bike immensely.
    Where, specifically?

  17. #42
    hsj
    hsj is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bike617 View Post
    Where, specifically?
    I would be interested too. My wife wants a curve if I got myself a Mu =D

  18. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hsj View Post
    I would be interested too. My wife wants a curve if I got myself a Mu =D
    Hsj: where in nyc r u in? I still haven't cancel my order for my curve yet from performane bike. If you want to wait. I can order it and get you my special price + some extra $ and it will still cheaper than anywhere else. Please let me know.

  19. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vik View Post
    You can have any two of the following:

    - low cost
    - great customer service
    - high quality product

    ...but not all three.
    I disagree because of few of my experiences in their Sacramento store; you can never receive "great customer service" from their staff.

  20. #45
    Mr Bill, oh nooo!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can honestly say that the new store in Dayton has a great staff. I realize that Performance is an easy target for a lot of folks, but I've got no complains. They recently provided support for our local mountain bike races; one of their staff is one of the fastest advancing women's racer in the state; the manager is a professional bike fitter. Good people, all of them. Yep, no complains at all.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •