Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Dr Kickstand
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My Bikes
    Montague Hummer 2006
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Foldaway back pack for a Brompton

    I am looking for a back pack for my brompton. I need to carry the bike folded on my back, unfold the bike and fold the pack into a small light package that I can attach to the bike.

    Anybody know of such a product? There is a rucksack that Birdy do but the problem is that its cumbersome.
    www.bikesTHATfold.com - All about Folding Bikes
    www.twitter.com/bikefold - Follow me on Twitter

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaymo View Post
    I am looking for a back pack for my brompton. I need to carry the bike folded on my back, unfold the bike and fold the pack into a small light package that I can attach to the bike.

    Anybody know of such a product? There is a rucksack that Birdy do but the problem is that its cumbersome.
    Dahon used to offer a back pack and I think there was one for the Brompton. Horrible idea. The metal parts of the bike would dig into your back. Very painful!

  3. #3
    Bicycling Gnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    55.0N 1.59W
    Posts
    1,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve View Post
    Dahon used to offer a back pack and I think there was one for the Brompton. Horrible idea. The metal parts of the bike would dig into your back. Very painful!
    Unless you were carrying the bike in a back pack as a form of pentitential right, I'd suggest that it would need to have some kind of back protector built into it. This shouldn't be too hard to arrange though. You could even just use a sponge sleeping mat folded suitably and placed between the bike and your back if you didn't need to carry it too far.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,296
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilV View Post
    Unless you were carrying the bike in a back pack as a form of pentitential right, I'd suggest that it would need to have some kind of back protector built into it. This shouldn't be too hard to arrange though. You could even just use a sponge sleeping mat folded suitably and placed between the bike and your back if you didn't need to carry it too far.
    I'd recommend hard plastic over something spongy. My experience is that when it comes to wearing a folder on your back hardness isn't the problem as much as pointy parts stabbing you and a hard barrier will better protect you from that than a soft one.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaymo View Post
    I am looking for a back pack for my brompton. I need to carry the bike folded on my back, unfold the bike and fold the pack into a small light package that I can attach to the bike.

    Anybody know of such a product?.....
    See if this helps:

    http://www.anatolyivanov.com/prose/en/AI.7.00124/

  6. #6
    ...poet... timo888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic USA
    My Bikes
    bikes
    Posts
    624
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An alternative would be to carry it inside a large padded bag out in front of your chest, like a Bag-O-Baby ... a Bag-O-Brompton. You could let people peek inside and tell you how cute it is.

    Regards
    T

  7. #7
    eight spokes somnatash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ruhr district, Germany
    My Bikes
    merc, brompton, roadster, cheap every day bike
    Posts
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is one from carradice
    http://www.carradice.co.uk/bike-case...ike-case.shtml
    also sold at evanscycles:
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...ksack-ec006377

    I kind of like this one, is also cheaper 39,- Euro
    Last edited by somnatash; 10-13-08 at 01:12 PM.

  8. #8
    50000 Guatts of power 127.0.0.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have taken a standard backpack and strapped the brommie to it,
    when i rode the brompton 20 miles to go pick up a motorcycle

    the only thing is, the brommie is heavy and you want a pack with wide straps
    for the shoulders. also the back protector idea is good. something solid so
    no pointy bits dig in.

    get a snowboard pack, nice 'biners, and some large velcro with buckles and you can
    strap a brommie on the back no problemo
    I like fat bikes
    and I cannot lie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •