Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Summer 2009 SoCal Folder ride

    Sorry I haven't been picking up the reins on this--last year of school means I am waaaay too busy for anything other than academics! But list your suggestions here so I can sorta kinda plan for the ride after Spring semester.

    Tentative date: sometime at the end of June, either Sat, Jun 27 or Sun, Jun 28.
    Tentative location: beach bike path--now the question is, which one, and how far?
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  2. #2
    Banned. folder fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anti Social Media-Land
    Posts
    3,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    Sorry I haven't been picking up the reins on this--last year of school means I am waaaay too busy for anything other than academics! But list your suggestions here so I can sorta kinda plan for the ride after Spring semester.

    Tentative date: sometime at the end of June, either Sat, Jun 27 or Sun, Jun 28.
    Tentative location: beach bike path--now the question is, which one, and how far?
    Don't worry about anything except college right now. The senior year is the most busiest one you will have. Your senior project will take up most of your time now. Just concentrate on getting your degree and then worry about organizing rides later. We all understand-at least I do.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, I'd be up for a summer ride. Your suggested dates sound good. As for local, how's about along the Strand in the South Bay? If the goal is draw attention, the Torrance to Manhattan Beach section gets lots of traffic. But then you gotta watch out for peds who don't look as they cross the path. If we want a quieter ride, start just north of MB and ride through Dockweiler up to Marina Del Rey/Venice. Possible starting point: Folding Bikes West shop in El Segundo?

    Good luck on the studies. Working on my second master's degree myself, so I feel your pain.

  4. #4
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi 1lesscar! FB West El Segundo is a great starting point. I'll contact them about teaming up and letting participants test ride the bikes before setting off.

    I'm gonna do as much planning as possible right now while I'm on spring break (back to classes on Monday), then continue planning after I'm done with my classes. So keep the suggestions rolling!
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  5. #5
    Banned. folder fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anti Social Media-Land
    Posts
    3,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to El Segundo is a great idea especially during the early summer. I was just there yesterday on business. I truly missed having one of my folders along with me for a ride on the beach.

  6. #6
    member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    southern California
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in joining the ride. My brother lives a couple of blocks from FB West. I recently picked up my first folding bike, a Flyby at REI. Living in the San Fernando Valley, I'm debating if I should drive, take the flyaway, or Orange line to Red line to Blue Line to Green line.
    Burley Softride Samba
    Rans Screamer
    1997 Vision R44
    Novara buzz flyby
    1987 centurion ironman
    1999 specialized FSR XC comp

  7. #7
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by la2sei View Post
    I'm interested in joining the ride. My brother lives a couple of blocks from FB West. I recently picked up my first folding bike, a Flyby at REI. Living in the San Fernando Valley, I'm debating if I should drive, take the flyaway, or Orange line to Red line to Blue Line to Green line.
    That's awesome! I encourage people to ride public transport with their foldies It may take a bit too long for all the transfers though.
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  8. #8
    member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    southern California
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer, won't be able to make it because of work schedule.
    Burley Softride Samba
    Rans Screamer
    1997 Vision R44
    Novara buzz flyby
    1987 centurion ironman
    1999 specialized FSR XC comp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •