Hi, I'm going to purchase my first folder. Both of these bikes are within my budget but I can't decide on which one to get, hope anyone who have used either(or better both!) bike can help me decide. I'm 5'5", 140lbs and fit.
My main need is to commute short distance(2-5miles, at most 10 miles), I would like to pick the bike that is better built, relatively maintenance free, and light weight enough and fold well to carry up/down stairs & public transportation.
The pros I like about the D7HG are:
- magnet to keep the bike better folded than the 8H
- built-in seat pump(I dont have a pump)
- I like the bike's color & style slightly better than the Downtube 8H
And the Pros for the 8H are:
- ~$200 saving
- easily upgradable parts(I'll probably swap out the front suspension to save more weight)
- easier/faster/cheaper to repair at local bike shop if it breaks since the parts are more readily available (?)
What I don't know and need help with the most is their durability and quality of workmanship, especially at the hinges, knobs other moving parts. As I'm not very heavy so there won't be much stress on the frame. It'll be a big plus if any of the 2 are weather proof.
thanks in advance for sharing your experience and advice!