Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Part-time epistemologist invisiblehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    My Bikes
    Jamis Nova, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Haluzak Horizon, Salsa La Raza, Hollands Tourer, Bike Friday tikit
    Posts
    5,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    video of a Brompton race

    I'm on the road that moment, but when I came across this I knew the forum would want to see it.

    http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/vid/15923071

    P.S. I did a quick check for someone else posting the event. But if this ends up being a dupe, my apologies.

  2. #2
    Banned. folder fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anti Social Media-Land
    Posts
    3,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblehand View Post
    I'm on the road that moment, but when I came across this I knew the forum would want to see it.

    http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/vid/15923071

    P.S. I did a quick check for someone else posting the event. But if this ends up being a dupe, my apologies.
    Thank you for posting this lovely video for us to watch. I don't quite understand why people are so hung up on the "who is first to post" idea. This reminds me of a large group of people attempting to pass through a doorway that allows only one or two at a time. Everyone wants to be so polite on the other person passes first and no one actually enters. Nothing constructive occurs at a stalemate. I rather we error on multiple posting on the same topic, rather than no post at all and good material like the video is not noticed by the community.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video appears to be no longer available. Any alternative links?

  4. #4
    Dis Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks OP, I just viewed it and it was great.

    Quote Originally Posted by folder fanatic View Post
    Thank you for posting this lovely video for us to watch. I don't quite understand why people are so hung up on the "who is first to post" idea. This reminds me of a large group of people attempting to pass through a doorway that allows only one or two at a time. Everyone wants to be so polite on the other person passes first and no one actually enters. Nothing constructive occurs at a stalemate. I rather we error on multiple posting on the same topic, rather than no post at all and good material like the video is not noticed by the community.
    wow, you are still hung up on that? at least OP took the time to look at the forum before posting. you by your own admission don't even read the forum before posting your links. at the time of your posting the identical subject was only a few threads below yours, on the same page. instead of being apologetic you kept on justifying yourself when reminded. you are standing on the wrong soapbox on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by makeinu View Post
    For a bike without a derailleur you really don't need to oil the chain at all and I don't oil the chains on any of my folding bikes.

  5. #5
    Senior Member echotraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great vid!! i wanna race with a top hat!!

  6. #6
    Bromptonaut stocksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stafford, UK
    My Bikes
    Brompton M6L (x2), Specialized Langster 08, Dolan Multicross, Raleigh Twenty
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was there this year and last, it's a brilliant really fun ride. I recorded some on-board footage, perhaps you might enjoy it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGZIJtAEb1M

  7. #7
    Senior Member echotraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
    I was there this year and last, it's a brilliant really fun ride. I recorded some on-board footage, perhaps you might enjoy it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGZIJtAEb1M
    great footage!!!! love it looks like a lot of fun!

  8. #8
    Part-time epistemologist invisiblehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    My Bikes
    Jamis Nova, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Haluzak Horizon, Salsa La Raza, Hollands Tourer, Bike Friday tikit
    Posts
    5,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Video appears to be no longer available. Any alternative links?
    I can still see it at the same link.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be a mac thing? The youtube link worked. Looks like a great time!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alberta,Canada.
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Must be a mac thing? The youtube link worked. Looks like a great time!
    Works for my Mac!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Bontrager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    My Bikes
    Road, MTB, Folding, Commuting bikes...
    Posts
    2,339
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those videos were great!
    08 Giant TCR Alliance Custom Build
    08 Trek 1000 Discovery Channel
    08 Fuji Outland Pro Custom Build (mostly Forge stuff)
    08 Forge Sawback 5xx MTB frame
    08 Downtube IX FS folding
    09.5 Downtube Front Suspension folding
    09 Diamondback Insight 1 flatbar road/beer
    09 Diamondback Clarity 1 flatbar road/beer
    1 bedroom apartment

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video looked like it was speeded up to make up some dramatic ending. LOL!

    I still think everyone was in second gear because there was little passing on that tight course. I bet the winner had a custom made super large chainring for the event. Seriously, once he got in the lead, there was no way you could pass.

    It makes me want to ride my Brompton!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •