I think the Brompton is 'awesome' because:
1) The fold is perfect and allows me to take the bike on the most packed commuter trains and inside all variety of buildings and pubs and hide it away.
2) It is an agile bike in the urban jungle of cars, other cyclists and careless pedestrians that walk out in front of me. Especially London!
3) It is solid and reliable.
4) A great ride to fold ratio.
I think 'my' Brompton is awesome because:
1) I removed it's limitations with really great brakes. Alfine 8 speed hub with single grip shift and Son hub driving Busch & Muller dynamo lights with capacitors.
2) I love the raw lacquer finish on the Brompton which is relatively rare and now very hard to order custom.
3) She rides beautifully.
Don't get me wrong there are some other stunning bikes on here. The op's setup on his Tikit is amazzzing, Sesame's maroon Moulton and his stunning restoration of an older bike in blue and gold. To name but a few.
What's awesome about all folding bikes is their engineering, versatility and the eclectic nature of many of the bikes and their owners too ;-)
Last edited by mulleady; 07-18-10 at 12:43 PM.