Beautiful day on Ie Shima island near Okinawa Japan where I'm stuck working for a couple months. Stuck is a relative term as this is a wonderful place to be. Did about 70 km in two different rides today. Photos all from the first ride. Second ride was just a transportation ride to the store that got out of hand and turned into a sightseeing ride.
Photos as follows:
1.Dahon MuP8 overlooking the Ie Shima Lilly Festival early in the AM before it opened up.
2. Bike overlooking some random field by the ocean.
3. Hey, I'm made of metal too! the man seems to be saying.
4. MuP8 rides the abandoned US runway on the island. I've been on this island many times and I've never ridden on the old runway. Very cool. The locals use it for a short cut so it's open to vehicle traffic.
5. MuP8 by one of the original buildings left shot up from WWII. This is (was) a Pawn Shop blasted during the invasion in April 1945
6. MuP8 by what I'm told is an entrance to a headquarters bunker used by the Japanese during the war. The entrances inside are sealed.
7. Screen shot of my Garmin Edge 705 dump into Ascent software on the first ride. You can see I blanketed most of the island. The area in green on the left hand side is USMC property. I can ride there but to have ridden there today would have meant swinging by work. Not part of the plan. Other area missed on the right pretty much covered on the afternoon ride.
Awesome ride. Weather permitting I'll do it again tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day.