Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68
  1. #1
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Friday I'm in Love

    They're here

    Thanks for all the help in this forum. You guys are great!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lucille; 05-02-10 at 05:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, SF California
    My Bikes
    Citizen Tokyo, A-Bike, Dahon Boardwalk D6, Dahon Boardwalk D7, Dahon Curve D3, Dahon Mu XL, BF Tikit2, Dahon Speed TR, Dahon Curve SL.
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who would not. congrats ! a black and a red BFs. so i assumed yours is the red one. that's a nice one. you'll have fun with that bike.

  3. #3
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Actually, mine is black. The old "coin flip" method... ;-)

  4. #4
    Senior Member coolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucille View Post
    Thanks! Actually, mine is black. The old "coin flip" method... ;-)
    That explains why the red one is in the background. Don't wanna give it too much screen time, lol.

    Congrats!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Foldable Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA
    My Bikes
    2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20
    Posts
    1,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    COOL! Figured yours had to arrive anytime now.

    Any ride reports yet???

    Lou

  6. #6
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just did a little ride around the parking lot. I must say, the drops feel weird. I hope I can get used to it, the breaks and gears seem really far away to reach and I hit my leg with bar end shifters getting off the bike.
    I still need to adjust my seat and pedals (both brand new, so it's normal), and will try to move the handlebars up a little. We won't have a chance to take it for more of a ride till next weekend, but hopefully I will work out the kinks.

    The bikes are gorgeous though, that's the important thing, right?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    My Bikes
    Too many....................
    Posts
    3,064
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats.
    Dahon Jifo
    Dawes Kingpin 2speed

  8. #8
    Senior Member edwong3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    My Bikes
    2007 Qile Duo 20" Multi-Purpose Folding Bike
    Posts
    689
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucille View Post
    They're here

    Thanks for all the help in this forum. You guys are great!
    Congrats on the new bikes! So do you already have an adventure or an epic ride planned out yet?
    Edward Wong III
    2008 Qile Duo VSTII Single Speed 20" Folder (Converted from a 5 speed)
    2012 Greenzone Value Edition 7 Speed 20" Folder

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, SF California
    My Bikes
    Citizen Tokyo, A-Bike, Dahon Boardwalk D6, Dahon Boardwalk D7, Dahon Curve D3, Dahon Mu XL, BF Tikit2, Dahon Speed TR, Dahon Curve SL.
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucille View Post
    The bikes are gorgeous though, that's the important thing, right?
    you're absolutely right about this one. had my tikit2 also (although mine is used) just recently and love it. i was like - how did i miss this one out when i was starting to venture into folding bike. but seriously all i wanted at that time was a cheap commute bike. never had imagined that by joining this forum i could get the much talked about 'FOLDERITIS'. now i am hooked - the $100 bike that i wanted had grown and grown into an expensive hobby. i have to blame everyone here - jur, sesamecruch,lalato,vik, brucemetras, thor, trekjapan and all of you guys.....seriously my name is vic and i am a FOLDERITIC.......

  10. #10
    Senior Member Foldable Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA
    My Bikes
    2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20
    Posts
    1,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looked at your pics a bit closer - you have folding handle bars on both!!! Read my recent post about making sure all the metal shavings are out of them and greasing the sliding parts.

    Looks like you could rotate the drops 'up' a bit to make it less of a stretch. If it's still to far, changing the stems (horizontal piece between the folding stem and the handle bars themselves). I did it on my NWT after injuring my shoulder several years ago. It only takes the a shorter one and a Hex Wrench (recommend the Nashbar set for home use. http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...:referralID=NA

    Have fun!!!

    Lou

  11. #11
    Senior Member snafu21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Mangroves, UK
    My Bikes
    None.
    Posts
    1,896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no Cure! Have fun. ( Lift the drops up. )
    - every mile of road has two miles of ditch -

  12. #12
    Dead Men Assume...
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    Bike Friday NWT
    Posts
    852
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, the bikes look great! The drops do look a bit low in front but mine are set way up.

    Wish I could figure out how to attach photos (from my computer) in my posts. Grrr....

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good evening to you all,

    Now that this post has become more congratulatory than anything else (of which I give you congratulations on as well), I thought I could steer this conversation to assist me.

    I have been a road cyclist for the last three years, and have been considering getting a Bike Friday World traveler. I have been doing a lot of reading about them, and think that they might be the right fit for me.

    Here are my questions:

    Would anyone recommend getting this bike for touring long distances?

    Are they dramatically slower than a typical road bike?

    Can they handle the weight of panniers?

    Thanks guys

  14. #14
    Senior Member kamtsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucille View Post
    We just did a little ride around the parking lot. I must say, the drops feel weird. I hope I can get used to it, the breaks and gears seem really far away to reach and I hit my leg with bar end shifters getting off the bike.
    If the bike is not a good fit, I would discuss it with the BF people. They have for example those those temporary adjustable stems that you can get on loan to try different handlebar positions.

    Kam

  15. #15
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,113
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking at your drop bars... it seems to me they would be far more comfortable if the top part leading to the levers was at least horizontal or even slightly upwards. Downwards like in your pic they can't be of much help.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Foldable Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA
    My Bikes
    2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20
    Posts
    1,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is our daughter's NWT and her "drops" set-up.

    The "hoods" are in the higher position Jur and I have mentioned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu21 View Post
    There's no Cure!
    heh heh..... Glad somebody got it... ;-)

  18. #18
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMac View Post
    Congrats, the bikes look great! The drops do look a bit low in front but mine are set way up.

    Wish I could figure out how to attach photos (from my computer) in my posts. Grrr....
    Go to advanced and click on the picture icon. There should be an option to upload from computer, but I admit it's not very intuitive.
    I don't really know how to reply with quotes in one post, so doing it separately, sorry about that.

  19. #19
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike'n'write View Post
    Good evening to you all,

    Now that this post has become more congratulatory than anything else (of which I give you congratulations on as well), I thought I could steer this conversation to assist me.

    I have been a road cyclist for the last three years, and have been considering getting a Bike Friday World traveler. I have been doing a lot of reading about them, and think that they might be the right fit for me.

    Here are my questions:

    Would anyone recommend getting this bike for touring long distances?

    Are they dramatically slower than a typical road bike?

    Can they handle the weight of panniers?

    Thanks guys
    This is exactly what this thread was meant to be. I was ordered to show off pics when our bikes arrive.
    To answer your questions, "yes" to all. There some very helpful threads in this forum you could read, have a look around.

  20. #20
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamtsa View Post
    If the bike is not a good fit, I would discuss it with the BF people. They have for example those those temporary adjustable stems that you can get on loan to try different handlebar positions.

    Kam
    Thanks. Yes, I don't think it will be problem getting the assistance from BF. I want to try to adjust things myself first and those bars are way too low, as everybody is saying.

  21. #21
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jur View Post
    I have been looking at your drop bars... it seems to me they would be far more comfortable if the top part leading to the levers was at least horizontal or even slightly upwards. Downwards like in your pic they can't be of much help.
    I will try that, thank you!

  22. #22
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foldable Two View Post
    This is our daughter's NWT and her "drops" set-up.

    The "hoods" are in the higher position Jur and I have mentioned.
    It's a beauty! Yes, her bars look much better.

  23. #23
    Senior Member lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foldable Two View Post
    Just looked at your pics a bit closer - you have folding handle bars on both!!! Read my recent post about making sure all the metal shavings are out of them and greasing the sliding parts.

    Lou
    Yes we both got the stems, so the bikes fold better. Will follow your advice, thank you for pointing it out.

  24. #24
    Senior Member kamtsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucille View Post
    I don't really know how to reply with quotes in one post, so doing it separately, sorry about that.
    Try the [""]+ icon on the right just below this message. Select all the messages you want to reply and then reply with quotes.

    Kam

  25. #25
    Dead Men Assume...
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    Bike Friday NWT
    Posts
    852
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lucille, let's give this a shot:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •