I'm considering getting a folder for hostel-hopping by Amtrak.
Right now I think the Dahon Vitesse looks good, but the montague's look good as well...and if downtube still sold front suspension bikes instead of full suspension (really, what's up with that?) they might be perfect.
a few things I want.
1. can be carried on train, obviously, without any hassel or having it leave my person. I don't think all folders can do this...
2. have a rack. I'd be attaching my backpack to the rack, which makes traveling much more pleasant.
3. IGH preferably. It might double as a winter bike.
4. larger-ish wheels. I dunno, I might be spoiled by 700c wheels, but when I think of those tiny wheels going at high speeds, it doesn't seem safe.
5. preliminary budget is $600 or less.
Also, it seems to me like lots of storage cases for these things are way overpriced. I mean, can't they simply be stuffed in cheap luggage?