just a quick update on my Dahon Speed TR.
thinking that the 29.5 lbs dahon speed tr was just too heavy for my multi modal commute and felt like a tank if carried, i decided to trim it down and was surprised that the weight went down to 23.5 lbs (if my bathroom scale is to be trusted):
what i have done:
1) i removed both rear and front racks. i don't really need a rack.
2) i changed the rear and front tires to kojaks (20x1.35)
3) i changed the grips to Ergon GP1 grips (without the bar ends)
1) change front wheel to Kinetix Pro (which hopefully will save me about 1+ lbs more).
2) change the front handlebar to a ritchey and trim it more about 2 inches.
PS: as you can see, there is so much space between the tire and fender. i don't think i can narrow the gap though.
here are some pics: