Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member samosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Subang Jaya, Malaysia
    My Bikes
    Dahon Speed P8
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Mrs Samo's new ride..

    Our third folding bike and its really worth the wait..



    This is our third forlding bike, and the latest arrival belongs to the boss..



    The Speed TR is outfitted with some really good components..



    It comes with a power regulator from the bike's front wheel dynamo - which means, you can charge your phone, GPS and other gadgets while cycling..



    The built-in head light is a nippy feature and is powered by the bike's dynamo hub..



    Ah.... The SRAM dual-drive shifter.. Makes hills an easy thing..

    Sam
    Have knives will travel

  2. #2
    Senior Member samosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Subang Jaya, Malaysia
    My Bikes
    Dahon Speed P8
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More pix..



    Ergon grips - really solid and comfy for those long commutes and rides..



    Chromoly frame - strong and sturdy!



    Japan-made MKS MT-E Easy pedals - These can last a lifetime!



    SRAM X-7 rear derailleur and Dual Drive II gearing system - built for the distance..

    Sam
    Have knives will travel

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Wheeler Mtn bike, Strida 5.0, Tern Link Uno
    Posts
    646
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's a very sweet ride and from the looks of it that seems to be the 2011 model with the light in the handlebars. With the amount of countryside travelling you two do that is much more viable than the curve D3, which is stronger as a daily commuter to work instead of riding that workhorse TR. Have fun! I can't bike here for another 2 months at the earliest unless you enjoy biking in -10C to -25C mornings here and there.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    My Bikes
    Dahon Speed TR
    Posts
    942
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me like it a lot!
    Few things I thought could improve are in this version of TR for sure. Touring rack, more range with andros stem, proper light for their dyno.
    I noticed couple of things if you can clear it up for me.
    1) The pedal... which one of Ezy line is it? Doesn't look like AR-2 which I am not particular about at all. (should be improvement )
    2) Chainring guard - it looks nice... and what material is it made out of?
    Getting better and better it seems She is going to be one happy rider
    One thing not sure... grip shifter? I guess it is bit cleaner with Andros stem being able to tilt on fly...but...

  5. #5
    Pedaling fool ShinyBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    My Bikes
    07 Schwinn Voyageur GSD, Next Avalon, 2007 Dahon Yeah
    Posts
    776
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <sigh>

    Shiny limit screws...

    Great pix. Could almost smell the new bike.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    My Bikes
    Too many....................
    Posts
    3,064
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet lookin TR.
    Dahon Jifo
    Dawes Kingpin 2speed

  7. #7
    Senior Member kamtsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pictures. What camera are you using?

    How do you like that adjustable stem?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, SF California
    My Bikes
    Citizen Tokyo, A-Bike, Dahon Boardwalk D6, Dahon Boardwalk D7, Dahon Curve D3, Dahon Mu XL, BF Tikit2, Dahon Speed TR, Dahon Curve SL.
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bike...i may be partial as i have one too but you'll love it. so who's using the curve d3 now ?

  9. #9
    Senior Member samosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Subang Jaya, Malaysia
    My Bikes
    Dahon Speed P8
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bored117 View Post
    Me like it a lot!
    Few things I thought could improve are in this version of TR for sure. Touring rack, more range with andros stem, proper light for their dyno.
    I noticed couple of things if you can clear it up for me.
    1) The pedal... which one of Ezy line is it? Doesn't look like AR-2 which I am not particular about at all. (should be improvement )
    2) Chainring guard - it looks nice... and what material is it made out of?
    Getting better and better it seems She is going to be one happy rider
    One thing not sure... grip shifter? I guess it is bit cleaner with Andros stem being able to tilt on fly...but...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBiker View Post
    <sigh>

    Shiny limit screws...

    Great pix. Could almost smell the new bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynocoaster View Post
    Sweet lookin TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamtsa View Post
    Great pictures. What camera are you using?

    How do you like that adjustable stem?
    I use a Canon EOS7D + EF50mm F2.5 macro lens for this shot.. The andros stem is interesting, and also very stable!

    Quote Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
    Nice bike...i may be partial as i have one too but you'll love it. so who's using the curve d3 now ?
    Thanks for the kind words folks!

    We are keeping the Curve D3..

    Sam
    Have knives will travel

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    Brompton H6L, DT Mini, DT 9FS, Dahon Ciao P8, Dahon Classic 3(x2), Dahon TR, R20, Raleigh Chopper III, Auto Mini Jr., Mercier Nano, Giant Anyroad2
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the pedals on my 08 TR. The right one was unbalanced so you always had to flip it to the upright position to plant your shoe and the other complaints were they were slippery, not wide enough, and could disconnect from the crank by a bump if you did not use the lock ring. The bike, though, is great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •