I am in the process of deciding what kind of bike I will purchase: It might end up being a Mini Velo, perhaps a conventional flat bar road bike. Sometimes I wonder if it will be another Brompton or another folder with less folding capabilities and more performance oriented.
But regardless of what kind of bike I end up with, my biking style will continue to be the same: 20-50 miles a week, with some random longer shots and a proximately 4 Centuries/year. This bike will have a flat bar, with a mountain bike geometry. Average speed should oscillate between 12 and 16 mph. This will will ride 90% of the time under perfect asphalt conditions, with the other 10% being 3rd world countries pavement and some dirt roads in rural Florida.
What I am looking for is a set or recommendations, based on intention, riding style and budget. Here we go:
1-Pedals: I am a big fan of Shimano "Campus" pedals, flat on one side for casual coffee ride, clipless SPDs on the oposite side.
I recentrly got a lightly used pair of these off of e-bay for 28 bucks shipping included:
Question: Is there anything lighter/sexyer with the same properties?
2-Handlebar grips: I am a big fan of bar extensions and/or bullhorns, at the same time the Specialized Body Geometry old school as well as the ergon grips with bar extensions, so I am considering one of these bar extensions below:
Race 2 GR-2
Anything along these lines that you have positive feedback to share? Anything negative about these?
3-Saddles: Big fan of Specialized Body geometry, with sme negative experiences with Selle Italia (includng the broad ones, like the flite max gel flow and similars).
This is what I have in mind:
No direct link allowed, please click here
At 155mm width and approx. weight 345g (+/-5%), this is a confirmed good fit for me. Is it time for me to try a Brooks?
Done. Now I am all ears...