Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Folding Bikes (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/)
-   -   My Curve SL - an update (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/728255-my-curve-sl-update.html)

vmaniqui 04-16-11 11:10 PM

My Curve SL - an update
 
6 Attachment(s)
hi all,

awhile back, i was able to buy a new dahon curve (8 speed not the capreo) and here's how she's looking like right now....
1) added fenders (i was surprised that for this amount this bike doesn't come with fenders)
2) added shimano sora crankset with hollowtech bb and driveline cnc alum chainguard
3) change handlebar (black anodized)
4) added carbon fiber water bottle cage (66mm good for regular bottled water)
5) added selle italia signo saddle (put kore regular saddle adapter)
6) added topeak pocket pump on handlepost

samosaurus 04-17-11 12:29 AM

Outstanding! :thumb: :love: :thumb:

Sam :love:

chagzuki 04-17-11 01:43 AM

I was looking at the brake levers (which look very nice) thinking the logo is Tektro, then thinking it's the Biologic chime thingy with integrated bell. . . do Tektro make stuff for Biologic or am I hallucinating?

owenfinn 04-17-11 10:09 AM

Very nice!!!

kamtsa 04-17-11 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagzuki (Post 12517826)
I was looking at the brake levers (which look very nice) thinking the logo is Tektro, then thinking it's the Biologic chime thingy with integrated bell. . . do Tektro make stuff for Biologic or am I hallucinating?

IIRC Tektro has a patent on the integrated bell so probably they manufacture it for Dahon (aka Biologic).

BTW, this integrated bell is awesome. Long lever, good sound, clean handlebar.

Edit: the patent I had in mind http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT7424863 seems to require a pivoting striker which is not the case with the Dahon's product where the striker hangs on a spring.

vmaniqui 04-17-11 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owenfinn (Post 12518661)
Very nice!!!

thanks owen...i so love your curve sl capreo but couldn't find one here anymore. even thor ran out.

vmaniqui 04-17-11 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosaurus (Post 12517746)
Outstanding! :thumb: :love: :thumb:

Sam :love:

thanks samo boy. we sure are a bunch of curve sl lovers (ha, ha, ha)..

vmaniqui 04-17-11 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagzuki (Post 12517826)
I was looking at the brake levers (which look very nice) thinking the logo is Tektro, then thinking it's the Biologic chime thingy with integrated bell. . . do Tektro make stuff for Biologic or am I hallucinating?

thanks chag...i love how they integrated the bell into the brake lever. it's a biologic and it looks so clean.

vmaniqui 04-17-11 11:31 AM

my small issue right now is - for some reason the chain seems at the edge of rubbing the frame. there's just about 1/8 inches (or less) gap and so worried that if i hit on the pedal so hard it might totally rub the frame. anyone who has a curve sl has this issue ???

owenfinn 04-18-11 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmaniqui (Post 12518915)
my small issue right now is - for some reason the chain seems at the edge of rubbing the frame. there's just about 1/8 inches (or less) gap and so worried that if i hit on the pedal so hard it might totally rub the frame. anyone who has a curve sl has this issue ???

It was an issue with the 2007 Curve SL I used to have. No problem at all with the `09. I don`t know if it`s because of or combination of the longer wheelbase, wider dropout spacing(135mm) or the small diameter cogs at the end of the Capreo create more clearance.

vmaniqui 04-19-11 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owenfinn (Post 12525452)
It was an issue with the 2007 Curve SL I used to have. No problem at all with the `09. I don`t know if it`s because of or combination of the longer wheelbase, wider dropout spacing(135mm) or the small diameter cogs at the end of the Capreo create more clearance.

thanks owen...i am assuming it's a combination of all those things. i am thinking of how to fix this as i know i am going to have this problem pretty soon. looking at the chain on my curve, i can see the small gap i have left and that pumping the pedal real hard will make the chain rub the frame. did dahon issue a recall for this ? how should i tell dahon about this ?

brakeless619 04-27-11 01:47 AM

Gorgeous bike! I have 2008. Curve SLs are great! Very interesting how you setup your bag near the bottom by the rear brake. Looks clean. I might do the same.

vmaniqui 04-27-11 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brakeless619 (Post 12561976)
Gorgeous bike! I have 2008. Curve SLs are great! Very interesting how you setup your bag near the bottom by the rear brake. Looks clean. I might do the same.

thanks. i love this curve sl also. it got just the exact amount of gearings for my multi modal commute and fold is smaller.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 PM.