Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    My Bikes
    On any given day, about 110, including ~20 folders
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Please list your location.

    Everyone - Since this forum has participants from all over the world, I find it very helpful to know the location of a participant when trying to respond to inquiries and comments. Your location can be put in your forum profile or in your signature.

    PLEASE!!!!

    -HANK RYAN-
    Norman, Oklahoma USA
    DISCLOSURE: I have an ownership interest in an independent bike shop that is an authorized dealer for Raleigh, Dahon, Tern & Brompton.

  2. #2
    coprolite fietsbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW,Oregon Coast
    My Bikes
    7
    Posts
    3,319
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <<<< N.B.

  3. #3
    Senior Member rex615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cherryville, NC
    Posts
    995
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea even if it is an obscure location like mine.

    When people ask me where I live, many make headwear suggestions as in

    Them: Where do you live?

    Me: Cherryville

    Them: Wear the fox hat.

    I must get a foxhat one of these days.

  4. #4
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,294
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My exact location is given.
    My folding bike photo essays www.dekter.net/

  5. #5
    Senior Member wahoonc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On the road-USA
    My Bikes
    Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG
    Posts
    16,326
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rex615 View Post
    Good idea even if it is an obscure location like mine.

    When people ask me where I live, many make headwear suggestions as in

    Them: Where do you live?

    Me: Cherryville

    Them: Wear the fox hat.

    I must get a foxhat one of these days.
    Been there ...prison I was working there not incarcerated

    My location literally varies from day to day, hence the "On the Road". My job requires an ungodly amount of domestic travel in the US. I can be in NC, VA, PA, IA, WV, GA, and NY all in the same week without even trying too hard. Then they throw IN, KY, FL and AL into the mix just for the helluva of it. I also have been to WA, TX, KS, NE and LA in the same week.

    Aaron
    Webshots is bailing out, if you find any of my posts with corrupt picture files and want to see them corrected please let me know. :(

    ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

    "Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
    RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
    _Nicodemus

    "Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
    Aluminum: barely a hundred
    Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
    _krazygluon

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    My Bikes
    On any given day, about 110, including ~20 folders
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
    ... My location literally varies from day to day, hence the "On the Road". My job requires an ungodly amount of domestic travel in the US. I can be in NC, VA, PA, IA, WV, GA, and NY all in the same week without even trying too hard. Then they throw IN, KY, FL and AL into the mix just for the helluva of it. I also have been to WA, TX, KS, NE and LA in the same week. ...
    How about "On the Road in the USA"?

    -HANK RYAN-
    Norman, Oklahoma USA
    DISCLOSURE: I have an ownership interest in an independent bike shop that is an authorized dealer for Raleigh, Dahon, Tern & Brompton.

  7. #7
    Senior Member rex615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cherryville, NC
    Posts
    995
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
    Been there ...prison I was working there not incarcerated

    My location literally varies from day to day, hence the "On the Road". My job requires an ungodly amount of domestic travel in the US. I can be in NC, VA, PA, IA, WV, GA, and NY all in the same week without even trying too hard. Then they throw IN, KY, FL and AL into the mix just for the helluva of it. I also have been to WA, TX, KS, NE and LA in the same week.

    Aaron
    Sounds like you do travel a lot. I will stop complaining about my travel schedule.


    Didn't even know there was a prison in Cherryville aside from the couple of holding cells at the local Police station.

  8. #8
    Senior Member wahoonc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On the road-USA
    My Bikes
    Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG
    Posts
    16,326
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rex615 View Post
    Sounds like you do travel a lot. I will stop complaining about my travel schedule.


    Didn't even know there was a prison in Cherryville aside from the couple of holding cells at the local Police station.
    Actually I think the prison is located in Dallas, NC but it is on the Dallas-Cherryville Hwy.

    I am actually enjoying a bit of downtime right now, only traveling 2-3 days a week and mostly in the Carolinas and VA. But as the weather warms up I will be hitting the roads again. I am in Yorktown/Hampton Roads, VA for a project start up this week. Then next week upstate NY for a couple of weeks. And yes my folder(s) are traveling with me.

    Aaron
    Webshots is bailing out, if you find any of my posts with corrupt picture files and want to see them corrected please let me know. :(

    ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

    "Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
    RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
    _Nicodemus

    "Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
    Aluminum: barely a hundred
    Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
    _krazygluon

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sunny sunny sunny and sometimes rainy Singapore.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    My Bikes
    Currently: Turner 5 Spot, Hasa Minimax 2
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done....

  11. #11
    Senior Member Chop!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cymru (Wales)
    My Bikes
    GoBike, Long-john, Strida III, Oke Ja recumbent, Brompton, Moulton, BSA, Strida 5
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My location is in my signature
    A to Z of Folding Bikes, Designers, Sellers, Accessories, Forums, Meetings, Publications
    My bicycle site
    My Microcar & alternate energy vehicle site.
    Site for the Rock& Roll Tour Bus that I drive.
    Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Vladivostock!

  12. #12
    New usename ThorUSA brakemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Southern Illinois USA
    Posts
    2,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    done good idea

  13. #13
    Senior Member rex615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cherryville, NC
    Posts
    995
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
    Actually I think the prison is located in Dallas, NC but it is on the Dallas-Cherryville Hwy.

    I am actually enjoying a bit of downtime right now, only traveling 2-3 days a week and mostly in the Carolinas and VA. But as the weather warms up I will be hitting the roads again. I am in Yorktown/Hampton Roads, VA for a project start up this week. Then next week upstate NY for a couple of weeks. And yes my folder(s) are traveling with me.

    Aaron
    So I guess I am back to complaining about traveling again. I am in Reading, PA right now, and will be in Madrid next week, then the Canaries. On the bright side, I am hoping to take a folder to the Canaries.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    2009 Curve XRF8(w), Birdy Touring 2009
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello from Singapore too.

    2009 Curve XRF8w
    2009 Birdy Touring
    2008 IF Reach

  15. #15
    Senior Member wahoonc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On the road-USA
    My Bikes
    Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG
    Posts
    16,326
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rex615 View Post
    So I guess I am back to complaining about traveling again. I am in Reading, PA right now, and will be in Madrid next week, then the Canaries. On the bright side, I am hoping to take a folder to the Canaries.
    High Flyer huh?

    I travel domestic, I turned down the job that was going to have me flying to interior China every 3 weeks. Worst part is I usually end up driving to most of the places I have to go, unless there is a time crunch. Sad part is, it is nearly as quick as flying in many cases and a whole lot more dependable.

    Aaron
    Webshots is bailing out, if you find any of my posts with corrupt picture files and want to see them corrected please let me know. :(

    ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

    "Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
    RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
    _Nicodemus

    "Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
    Aluminum: barely a hundred
    Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
    _krazygluon

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Düsseldorf, Germany
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rex615 View Post
    Good idea even if it is an obscure location like mine.
    You could make it less obscure by simply adding the country.
    For all I know NC could be a Canadian province, Hong Kong territory, Australian state etc. Actually here it means "numerus clausus", which means depending on your marks you may or may not study a given subject at uni.

  17. #17
    Senior Member rex615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cherryville, NC
    Posts
    995
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheygetz View Post
    You could make it less obscure by simply adding the country.
    For all I know NC could be a Canadian province, Hong Kong territory, Australian state etc. Actually here it means "numerus clausus", which means depending on your marks you may or may not study a given subject at uni.
    Good idea, thanks! Done.

  18. #18
    Bike Nerd Mr. Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Mid- Michigan
    My Bikes
    mid 80's Fuji Supreme (commuter), LeRun unicycle thingy Raleigh Centrurion
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is up and always has been.
    Jim
    my bikes
    Bike Friday NWT (coming soon)
    1970s (or 80s) fuji touring with a Yakima Big Tow
    2008 Surly LHT with Axiom Racks and SKS Fenders (for sale)
    Mid 80's Cannondale Road Bike

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    My Bikes
    Mezzo D9, 2012 Giant Avail 2
    Posts
    656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-speed-folders
    Quote Originally Posted by jefmcg View Post
    I wish USAsians wouldn't assume everyone else is in the US. I just spent five minute finding out if the B'fold was available in Sweden.

    If you live in a town somewhere in the depths of USA that shares the name with a world capital, it would be helpful to include USA in your location, rather than expecting everyone else to know the 2 letter abbreviations for all 50 states.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexm View Post
    Does this complaint emanate from London, UK or London, Ontario?
    Seriously? I'm happy not to engage with someone who can't guess which one I mean. Oh, and if we are going to open it up, maybe I mean one of the many other Londons
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_...tion%29#Places
    2008 Mezzo D9
    2012 Giant Avail 2

  20. #20
    Erudite white trash lexm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rock Chalk
    My Bikes
    Brompton M1R, Moulton TSR-2, Nishiki Citisport ('85), Rivendell SimpleOne, Schwinn Super Sport ('87), Velo Orange Randonneur (in progress)
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not seriously. Perhaps you missed the emoticon at the end.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Foldable Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA
    My Bikes
    2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20 & a 1964 Schwinn Tiger
    Posts
    1,312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I guess if Americans have trouble understanding where we live - Vancouver, Washington; rather than Vancouver, BC, Canada - then Forum members around the world have an equally hard time.

    Actually, the City refers to itself as Vancouver, USA, and it's NOT near the Northern Washington state border with Canada, but rather, on the Southern Washington State border just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon.

    But, that's not the only mix-up here, so we have this saying:
    Vancouver, not B.C. ,
    Washington, not D.C.


    [Even the county we are in (Clark County) causes some confusion, since better-known Las Vegas is in another Clark County in the state of Nevada.]

    Maybe jur's method is simpler!
    Last edited by Foldable Two; 02-11-12 at 02:07 PM.

  22. #22
    AEO
    AEO is offline
    Senior Member AEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A Coffin Called Earth. or Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    Bianchi, Miyata, Dahon, Rossin
    Posts
    12,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not hilly, but not flat either; toronto.

    3sp might suffice, but it's definitely better to have a good low range.
    Food for thought: if you aren't dead by 2050, you and your entire family will be within a few years from starvation. Now that is a cruel gift to leave for your offspring. ;)
    http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/arti...ger-photos.htm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •