Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    My Bikes
    Bike Friday Tikit, Brompton M3LA
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My new Brompton M3LA


  2. #2
    Senior Member Foldable Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA
    My Bikes
    2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20 & a 1964 Schwinn Tiger
    Posts
    1,312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we ever saw a Brompton in the recent 2 1/2 years we lived in Ventura - 1/2008 thru 7/2011.

    Good looking bike. You will be a welcome addition to the parade of bikes riding along the Promenade out to Surfer's Point.

    (During our previous 15 yrs as full-time residents ('78 - '93), I saw only one folder I was aware of - a Raleigh 20 that is still owned by the same, now elderly, gentleman in the Keys.)

    Lou
    Last edited by Foldable Two; 04-05-12 at 07:34 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    Brompton H6L raw lacquer (2012)
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Looks really nice!
    2012 Brompton H6L raw lacquer, hub dynamo lights, eazy wheels, C + Mini O bag, Ergon GP-1 biokork S grip shift, Lightweights spoke reflectors, Saddle Adapter pin.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice...makes me miss my B

  5. #5
    Antelope Valley cyclist MicheleC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Palmdale, California
    My Bikes
    Lynskey, Brompton, Public
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! With Hot Pink, no one will be calling it inconspicuous. I love the basket, too. I couldn't get that with the S6L.

  6. #6
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MicheleC View Post
    Wow! With Hot Pink, no one will be calling it inconspicuous. I love the basket, too. I couldn't get that with the S6L.
    Oh but you can! I have the basket with mine. They say it won't work but I assure you it does.

    My folding bike photo essays www.dekter.net/

  7. #7
    Antelope Valley cyclist MicheleC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Palmdale, California
    My Bikes
    Lynskey, Brompton, Public
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jur View Post
    Oh but you can! I have the basket with mine. They say it won't work but I assure you it does.
    Thanks, Jur, for showing me so clearly that you CAN use the basket with the S-Type handlebars! I see you put on bar ends as well. How do you like them and how difficult were they to put on?

  8. #8
    Member pammieellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R1000 (sold) ; Gary Fisher Cake 2; Gary Fisher Napa (hybrid), and a Brompton M6R raw lower gearing, and my new purchase, a Royal H Mixte.
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Brompton in Ventura

    Quote Originally Posted by Foldable Two View Post
    I don't think we ever saw a Brompton in the recent 2 1/2 years we lived in Ventura - 1/2008 thru 7/2011.

    Good looking bike. You will be a welcome addition to the parade of bikes riding along the Promenade out to Surfer's Point.

    (During our previous 15 yrs as full-time residents ('78 - '93), I saw only one folder I was aware of - a Raleigh 20 that is still owned by the same, now elderly, gentleman in the Keys.)

    Lou
    Congrats on your new Brompton. I have a M6R in Ventura (raw lacquer!). . . and do make use of the promenade on occasion. Last outing I saw a couple that lived in the Keys that had two Dahon Mariners. Very cool - If I see you I'll say Hi!! Enjoy!! Pam

  9. #9
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MicheleC View Post
    Thanks, Jur, for showing me so clearly that you CAN use the basket with the S-Type handlebars! I see you put on bar ends as well. How do you like them and how difficult were they to put on?
    Well I am a bit of an old hand with bike tinkering, and with barends. Barends are essential for me - it gives extra hand positions and makes standing on the pedals much easier. They were easy to put on, after I butchered off the original grips which were glued on, for reasons I don't understand. So I put on some nice leather-covered ergonomic grips with matching barends.
    My folding bike photo essays www.dekter.net/

  10. #10
    coprolite fietsbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW,Oregon Coast
    My Bikes
    7
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the riding, in motion, and having the brake levers hit the bag frame,
    while turning the handlebars, steering, that you really want to avoid..

    that is why the bag frame for use with S bars is lower..
    Last edited by fietsbob; 04-07-12 at 09:55 AM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Foldable Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA
    My Bikes
    2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20 & a 1964 Schwinn Tiger
    Posts
    1,312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammieellen View Post
    Congrats on your new Brompton. I have a M6R in Ventura (raw lacquer!). . . and do make use of the promenade on occasion. Last outing I saw a couple that lived in the Keys that had two Dahon Mariners. Very cool - If I see you I'll say Hi!! Enjoy!! Pam
    Pammieellen,

    Doubt we will be back. Owned our condo there for 38 years (weekend place 1st 5 yrs then a rental when we bought a house in the Keys, and then moved on to the NW in '93) so it was time to sell - put it on the market last June and managed to sell it in just 13 days. (It was on Harbor Blvd between Oyster and Beachmont looking toward the ocean - great access to the bike path across the fields to the mall.)

    Remember seeing a couple on two pea-green Boardwalks, but not a lot of folders.

    Lou

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •