Some time back I decided to use the Brompton luggagesystem on all my (our) small wheeled bikes. So far two is back from the welder.
Started with my sons 20" detatchable travelbike and my similar project bike (plan is to make a 20" dogbike).
First I made several exact copys of the small metal piece with two holes that is welded to the Bromptons headtube. Drilled the holes with small, medium and finally 4mm drillbit.
Marked the exact center of the bikes headtubes and drilled two holes in it, matching the holes in the metalpiece I wanted to add.
Using two small (40mm?) pieces of 4mm threaded rod and four nuts to hold them in place I bolted the small metal piece to the headtube.
Off to the welder.
After welding remowed the rods and nuts and drilled the holes all the way trough to 4,2mm.
Then I threaded the holes to 5mm, cleaned up the welds, painted the area and installed the Brompton luggageblock I bought for it.
Asembeled the bike, added a luggageframe and just for the testride added a regular basket.
There is plenty room for a rack to carry two paniers in the front. My plan is to reinstall the Dahon frontrack on the bike, this is why i built a new hub brake frontwheel for it.
Installing a lugageblock tomorrow on my similar longtail project.
BF is stuck in his atempt to do the same becouse of a stuck stem..
After the summerwacation I plan to install the system on at least three other smallwheel bikes. I`ll post pictures as soon as there is progress.
More DIY bags for the lugageframe is in progres. Pix later.